Register To Comment
Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pussycat Tribute Tournament 5

Well, my Highers have finally come to an end today and my 6th and final year in Secondary begins next week. And you know what that means? Its PTT Time!

For some inexplicable reason, my homage to the late David Gribble has been running strong for nearly three whole years now with extraordinary support from the vapourboteering community, for which I thank yall

And now, one year on from our last contest, were going to find out who else will join Beta, The Business Ends, Mass Disctruction Ultimate and Scottishly Fictional in the Vapourboteering Hal of Fame as the fifth PTT champion.

Rules up momentarily...

1. THE RANKINGS
    Like always, our top competitors have been ranked according to their performances in previous PTTs, as well as various other real-life and vapour contests (back up to 32 again, this season). The Top 40 currently stands as thus, with the competitors rankings from last year:

1) SCOTTISHLY FICTIONAL (newcomer)
    2) WEDGIE 5 (newcomer)
    3) MOTHER OF ALL BRICKS 2 (newcomer)
    4) SON OF RIPPER 3.5 (
    5) TENGU VI (2)
    6) TORNADO (10)
    7) SPINVERTER 3 (11)
    SQUISH (newcomer)
    9) ULTRAVERTER (3)
    10) THE CRASHING BORE (7)
    11) VOLTRONIC (14)
    12) BATTLE RAPTOR 3 (unofficially ranked 20)
    13) T.I.R.T.A.S.M. (unofficially ranked 29)
    14) BULLDOG BREED (veteran of PTT2)
    15) FORCEPOWER TURBO (newcomer)
    16) MUTE (newcomer)

17) MASS DISCTRUCTION ULTIMATE 3 (1)
    1 WHEELY PURE EVIL (4)
    19) HEIR TO BLACK PANTHER IV (6)
    20) SPUNOUT 3.0 (13)
    21) BIOHAZARD (15)
    22) SUPREME GLORY GAMMA (unofficially ranked 1
    23) FIRESTORM 5 (unofficially ranked 27)
    24) ACHILLES (unofficially ranked 30)
    25) MONSOONS BACK (veteran of PTT3)
    26) HAK-ING ME OFF (veteran of PTT1)
    27) MAXIMUM VELOCITY (newcomer)
    2 THE DISC 3 (newcomer)
    29) TSUNAMI (newcomer)
    30) STRATOSFEAR (newcomer)
    31) SEGGY THE THIRD (newcomer)
    32) GYRATE (newcomer)

33) BETA (9)
    34) DISCTRUCTION RETRO (12)
    35) DOUBLE KILLA 2 (unofficially ranked 24)
    36) WARHEAD (unofficially ranked 25)
    37) SLAMMER 4 (unofficially ranked 26)
    3 TEMPEST EVIL-OUTION (unofficially ranked 31)
    39) DISCO 5 (unofficially ranked 32)
    40) DANTOMKIA (veteran of PTT2 & 3)

The 32 seeds will naturally change depending on who enters whom, so make sure to check the previous seasons to check the success of previous entrants.

2. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    - I am looking for 16 people to enter 8 machines (128 again this time round)
    - Competitors can either be vapourbots or real robots (from RW, Battlebots etc)
    - However, at least one of your machines MUST be a real robot
    - The weight limits are:
    - 100kg for wheeled/tracked robots (eg Tornado/Mortis)
    - 120kg for unclassable methods of motion (eg Blizzard)
    - 120kg for shufflers (eg Son of Whyachi)
    - 150kg for €˜true€™ walkers (eg Anarchy)

- No tracked bonus this season, simply because very small sacrifices are needed in using this method of motion and few people actually use the weight advantage, this shouldnt have a terribly big effect
    - No flying robots are permitted
    - No purely passive robots are permitted (inc. bots with interchangeable passive wedges and the like). However, this doesnt not include machines with swinging Stinger-style weaponry.
    - Clusterbots are permitted, with no limit to the number of parts (but lets keep things realistic here ). I will also be using the original clusterbot rule - if half the parts go out, ALL the parts go out.
    - There are no really restrictions on how your stats are posted, but please try and keep them nice and detailed
    - Basic tech rules apply for the rest, so let€™s keep things realistic, people!

3. TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE
    Like last season, the tournament will operate ala RW7:

HEATS (X 16)
    - ROUND 1 = 2 X 4-way melees, 2 through from each
    - ROUND 2 = 2 X head-to-head fights with the survivors
    - ROUND 3 = 1 X head-to-head fight with the survivors

SEMI-FINALS (X 2)
    - ROUND 4 = 4 X head-to-head fights with the Heat winners
    - ROUND 5 = 2 X head-to-head fights with the survivors

GRAND FINAL
    - ROUND 6 = 2 X head-to-head fights with the Semi-Final qualifiers
    - PLAY OFF = 1 X head-to-head fight with the Round 6 losers
    - ROUND 7 (FINAL) = 1 X head-to-head fight with the two surviving robots

4. SIDE-EVENTS
    Throughout the contest, I will also be holding minature PTT championships for variour other weight classes. One per competitor and either real or vapour machines can enter. Maximum limits are as below:

FEATHERWEIGHTS
    - 12kg for wheeled/tracked robots
    - 32kg for shufflers/misc
    - 62kg for €˜true€™ walkers

LIGHTWEIGHTS
    - 28kg for wheeled/tracked robots
    - 48kg for shufflers/misc
    - 78kg for €˜true€™ walkers

MIDDLEWEIGHTS
    - 55kg for wheeled/tracked robots
    - 75kg for shufflers/misc
    - 105kg for €˜true€™ walkers

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHTS
    - 155kg for for wheeled/tracked robots
    - 175kg for shufflers/misc
    - 205kg for €˜true€™ walkers

I might do one or two more once the championship is complete, but youll just have to see how Im feelin. And also, the winner of the Superheavyweight catagory will receive a very special honour. (thanks to Danny for coming up with the idea :wink

5. HOUSE ROBOTS
    In keeping with my firm belief that they provide excellent entertainment (not to mention good target practice) for the other competitors, the UK House Robots will once more be returning for another PTT. However, to make sure they dont get quite as bad a doing as last season, they will now be joined by my own squadren of House Bots - the newly christened TEAM COLDHEART! (thanks to Danny for that ) Most of you have already met them, of course, but for the uninitiated, come and meet the team. Ive even included two new additions for this year...:wink:

- SURLYGIG - Consider this to be Whirligig on a bender . Weighing in at approximately 130kg, Surlygig is a large cylinder with a domed top and is armed with a rotating outer shell covered in tiny Pussycat-style teeth. Spinning at nearly 3000rpm, the 6mm titanium shell is capable of inflicting terrible damage on whoever should face him. This House Bot runs on 6 DrillZilla-style shuffling feet...and if the spinny shell doesn€™t get you frightened, the evil Mauler face on top certainly will!

- MICHAEL PLIERS - Inspired by the Halloween movies, 115kg Mikey is bound to leave any opponent with a splitting headache with his Dominator 2-style pneumatic axe and Terrorhurtz broadsword blade atop, running at 160psi. With a 5mm-thick mix of steel and aluminium, this 4WD House Bot is a tough nut to crack, and his tall wedge shape with sloped sides is ideal for sliding under other machines and giving them a few whack attacks...and if all else fails, Mike€™s deadly stare will simply scare them to death!

- SHELLRAISER - Another House Bot inspired by a horror movie, the boxy Shellraiser sports some rather unique weaponry. This consists of 2 hydraulic lifting arms joined together with two Killalot-style claws on the end of each one. Once a robot gets caught in the pincers, the 145kg monster can hoist them into the air and play with them a bit more. Running on a 4WD system similar to Tornado, Shellraiser is capable of great speed and pushing power - and if the claws develop flaws, then the numerous spikes protruding from the 5mm titanium shell should shish-kebab a contestant quite nicely

- THE TAXMAN - Can anyone think of something scarier than THIS? I doubt it. Curiously looking like a bowler hat, The Taxman€™s main ambition is to bowl over other contestants, with a vertical 4-bladed spinning €œcoin€ which can travel at nearly 2500rpm, and with two ground-scraping spikes at the front for sliding under other machines. Coated with 4mm steel, this House Bot is capable of some pretty impressive pushing power with its 4WD and the rim of the hat can help keep him safe from any over-eager flipper roaming the arena. At only 110kg, The Taxman could be seen as pretty harmless by some contestants...but the glaring red eyes and alarming horns should make others think twice about taking him on

- SCARLEK - EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! This is just what Scarlek intends to, using a front scoop and a blowtorch arm which can rise and fall between 45 and 135 degrees. As a replica of a dreaded Dalek, this House Bot is the tallest of the pack, and at just over 200kg, he€™s also by far the heaviest! Armed in a 7mm shell of Grade 5 titanium, Scarlek is definitely well protected, and the bumper surrounding the base of the House Bot combined with the good traction from the 3 inner wheels can make this renegade Dalek quite formidable if it gets involved in a shoving match...and if all else fails, he€™ll just have to activate its €œemergency arm€...aka ITS-EX-TER-MIN-A-TOR!

- DULCY - Flung into our time period from way back in the 15th century, Dulcy takes Matildas place as resident female and certainly looks like a match for the original matron of mayhem. Tipping the scales near 170kg due to her unusual design, Dulcys main weapons are obvious, considering her species - fire breath (provided by a flamethrower installed in her movable mouth) and 4 mil Hardox claws. The long neck and the rear tail (with added axe head on the end for extra discomfort) are designed to articulate ala Warheads own tail and with a 5mm scaly steel skin, itll be a tricky job to slay this 4WD dragon. All together now...This fire is out of control...

- MR HYDE - Having terrorised nearly all of Victorian London, Edward Hyde is now ready to take on the rest of the world and in style. Rather short and squat when compared to the others, our penultimate guardian remains one of the heaviest, with its tough construction bringing it to nearly 150kg! General tactics for Mr Hyde are very straightforward - grapple onto any stray competitor with his 5mm titanium crunching claws (approx 4 tonnes at the Hardox tips) and then mash them into the ground with his 180 degree pneumatic hammer, operating at 160psi. With 9mm aluminium casing, Eddy can take many a good hard blow and is one of the most nimble with his 2WD. Oh, and its best never mention the name Henry Jekyll when in his corner, either.

- SCREAM - ...which is just what youll be doing when you bump into our final main House Robot. Very sleek and shiny in appearance, the spectral Scream gets his ghastly reputation from his downright enormous nitrogen flipping arm! Powered by 2 x 80mm full-pressure rams on 500psi, the huge rear-hinged plate can easily achieve Wheely Big Cheese-style tosses with every flick and slipping under the others is not a problem thanks to its ground-hugging spatula. Complementing the launchpad too at the rear is a vertical spinny disc, armed with 4 Hardox teeth and able to reach nearly 2500rpm. Scream is pretty weighty at 135kg and although the 4 mil aluminium shell might prove questionable, the nifty top speed and excellent manoueverability from the 2WD will make it easy for him to fade out of danger.

- THE KAISER CHIEF - Oh my God! :wink: Making his first appearence exclusively here in the PTT, the Kaiser Chief is ready to rewrite history and show all you competitors that Germans can be winners! Modelled on the old World War 1 helmets with the massive spike sticking out the top, the Chief is a full-body spinner powered by a duel PERM-132 running on 48v, produing around about 31hp at its 2000rpm top speed. I predict a riot if you hit this thing. Also, with its 6mm Hardox shell and rather compact frame, the Chief also happens to be one of the toughest of the ColdHeart crew and at nearly 140kg, hes practically a Panzer in his own right! His 4 wheels dont provide much traction, but trundling through town, hes quite scary...and not very sensible, either

- UNCLE SAM - I want you...to stay the hell away from this guy . Yes siree Bob, the embodiment of the ultimate American has taken a trip across the pond to enforce some Stateside justice on our asses quicker than you can say Apple pie! A brutish 155kg box in appearance with a strong front scoop, Samuels main weaponry is his sheer power: with 2 x Etek motors running at 48v, this yahoo Yankie can generate nearly 30hp and with eight inner Vulcalon wheels, youll be seeing both stars and stripes if you stand in the way of American progress! Not only that, but a vertical four-pronged spinning blade also pretrudes out the front scoop, powered by a C40-500 MagMotor on 36v, generating around 6hp at 3000rpm. That aint good, boy. Now, all together...Ohhh, say can you seeee...

- THE GRIM BEEPER - Very few things can be scarier than Death himself - which is why I felt he was the ideal candidate to keep the other House Bots in line as the Refbot of the group . Presiding over each fight atop a 4WD box with front spiked scoop and rear wedge, The Grim Beeper€™s main functions are to free trapped machines, keep the House Bots in check and count out dead machines with his chest counter. Our 125kg undead umpire is also equipped with two movable arms - one has an opened palm which can shoot CO2 to put out any blazes in the Warzone, and the other wields his scythe...once the count is over, Grim€™s infamous weapon lowers, taps the machine and confirms its demise with the Touch of Death.

A pic of the full gang can be seen below (ta to Mr J once again ):
    http://www.picturevillage.com/photo/data/9db6faeef387dc789777227a8bed4d52/13817_p291470.jpg
    http://www.picturevillage.com/photo/...bed4d52/13817_ p291470.jpg

Its rather small, so save it onto your comp too or summit for a better view

6. THE ARENA
    Considerably more stylish than the arena last season, the Team Braveheart Wrexagon makes its PTT d¨but . Heres a brief layout of this years Warzone for you...

- 1 x 20m x 20m square with slightly triangular top n bottom, with walls on all sides (the ring itself)
    - 2 x CPZs with a House Robot in each one (top right and bottom left)
    - 1 x CPZ with a Pit, affectionately dubbed The Void (bottom right). This operates just like the RW pit, except that within the walls of the hole lie several concealed vaccuums. This means that anything within a 10cm radius of the Voids edge is getting sucked right in! Works best against bots with weak traction, but even those with 6WD+ will find it a bother. (NB I know this concept is utterly farcical . I just felt itd be a nice wee addition to an otherwise plain arena )
    - 1 x CPZ containing a large Void Activation Button (top left)
    - 2 x horizontal discs (top and bottom centre)

Flipping robots out of the arena is perfectly possible in this tourney and any robots propped against the wall by their opponents will be deemed immobile...oh and speaking of which, the walls and the floor are now completely constructed of Hardox. No wall-shattering or Supernova-style shenanigans in this Warzone!

A pic can be found here (with kudos to Mr Jackson for hosting it :wink
    http://www.picturevillage.com/photo/data/9db6faeef387dc789777227a8bed4d52/13817_p246786.jpghttp://www.picturevillage.com/photo/...bed4d52/13817_ p246786.jpg

7. JUDGING
    In an Arena fight, should both robots still be mobile at the end of their encounter, the Judge (moi) will be called in to make a decision. Heres how things work:

DAMAGE = mark out of 5, multiplied by 3
    AGGRESSION = mark out of 5, multiplied by 2.5
    STRATEGY = mark out of 5, multiplied by 2
    CONTROL = mark out of 5, multiplied by 1.5
    STYLE = mark out of 5, multiplied by 1
    TOTAL ( / 50) = Damage + Aggression + Strategy + Control + Style

In the unlikely event of a draw, I will ask an Outside Judge to make his or her own decision on the fight. Both results will then be averaged to give a final mark.

8. RESERVATIONS
    The following people have reserved places in the tournament:

HEAVYWEIGHTS
    1. Manic Monsoon (Daniel S)
    2. Artemis
    3. Dervish //
    4. Wheely Pure Evil 2
    5. Sonic Boom
    6. Supreme Glory Gamma
    7. Squishiest
    8. Firestorm 5 (RW7)
    9. The Circle Revisited (Dave S)
    10. P.C.C.
    11. Son of Wedgie
    12. A Large Red Bus Drove My Love Away
    13. W.A.F.T.
    14. Push-Ish Fundamental
    15. Chalkie 3G
    16. Tornado (RW7)
    17. Disco 6 (Martyn F)
    18. T.I.R.T.A.S.M.A.I.I.
    19. Keep On Panicking
    20. Star 69
    21. The Deer
    22. Take Me Out
    23. Razer (RW6)
    24. Panic Attack (RW Ex 2)
    25. Hacked-Off Ha-ka (possible editing?) (Matty F)
    26. Roo Cubed
    27. Powerpoint the Thrasher 5
    28. Bull in a China Shop L.E.
    29. Windiest Killer
    30. Riptile 2
    31. Back 2 Basics
    32. Voltronic (BB5)
    33. Son of Ripper 5.0 (Andy J)
    34. ForcePower version
    35. Wedga REVO V2
    36. GigaByte V1.5
    37. The Nose 3.0
    38. GeForce 3.0
    39. Psyclonic
    40. unknown
    41. Mass Disctruction Ultimate 3.1 (Aaron K)
    42. M.O.A.B.I.E.
    43. Gyrate
    44. Soarer
    45. Intensity
    46. unknown
    47. unknown
    48. Slam Job (BB5)

FEATHERWEIGHTS
    1. Micro Monsoon (Daniel S)
    2. Pillow Torque (Dave S)
    3. Kitten Kitten 2 (Martyn F)
    4. unknown (Matty F)
    5. OverDrive (Andy J)
    6. unknown (Aaron K)

LIGHTWEIGHTS
    1. Trisadekaphobia (Daniel S)
    2. Ziggo (Dave S)
    3. Spikey 2 (Martyn F)
    4. unknown (Matty F)
    5. MicroForce (Andy J)
    6. unknown (Aaron K)

MIDDLEWEIGHTS
    1. Pure (Daniel S)
    2. T-Minus (Dave S)
    3. Daphne (Martyn F)
    4. unknown (Matty F)
    5. Typhoon (Andy J)
    6. unknown (Aaron K)

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHTS
    1. Strongbow (Daniel S)
    2. Diesector (Dave S)
    3. Someones Watching Over Me (Martyn F)
    4. unknown (Matty F)
    5. Å“berForce (Andy J)
    6. Gyrate Overdrive (Aaron K)

6 places reserved, 10 places remaining

And that, as they say, is that. Entries acceptable by all as of now, so good luck to everyone signing up .

Youll effin need it. :wink:

Well I dropepd down three palces last time, this cant stand! Heres my latest bunch.

Heavyweights:
    TENGU VII
    KING BLACK PANTHER (presently unstated)
    ACHILLES
    SLAMMER V
    KALI
    ARCHANGEL OF THE ABYSS
    DANTE

and Storm 2 (assuming no one minds)

Featherweight:
    SITH (currently unstated)

Lightweight:
    TINY TENGU (currently unstated)

Mediumweight:
    BLIZZARD (currently unstated)

Superheavy:
    The Red Knight (requires restating)

Spots save for 10 hours time. I have access to my computer with stats as of tomorrow morning.

Register To Comment