Register To Comment
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pussycat Tribute Tournament 5

Weapon 1: A very powerful flipping and piercing spike, powered by a double torsion spring. The setup is very similar to Red Square from Battlebots. It uses a very powerful double torsion spring to fire the spike.

Umm...double torsion spring? This wont work. You cant have two springs compressing in different directions, which youll get no matter which way they face...

In the unlikely event of a draw, I will ask an Outside Judge to make his or her own decision on the fight. Both results will then be averaged to give a final mark.

Um...if ones a draw, wouldnt that mean that even if averaged, the outside judge would still decide? :P

No more comments now. I promise. :P

Red Knight is done

My stats up later.

Also, Mr Stickler, You have no chance in hell in having a LEM130 in a feather weight..... People bend the laws of physics to fit in S28-150s with whyachi gearboxes now, let alone a LEM!

NAME- KK 2 (Kitten Kitten 2) (fw)
    SHAPE- low invertible wedge
    COLOR- Black and white with a cats face on the flipper)
    WEIGHT- 28kg
    SPEED- 18mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at the front due to wedge, 0mm at sides and rear due to skirts 6mm without. Skirts can be taken off if against nasty full bodied spinners
    ARMOUR- 3mm titanium
    MOVEMENT- It has drillzilla like camshafts
    POWER- 2 X 24volt windscreen wiper motors
    WEAPONS- Just a bog standard co2 powered flipper that could easily send another feather over onto its back
    SRIMECH- Invertible and the flipper
    NOTES- based on Catus Catus 7, detachable skirts, modified to make the weight limit
    STRENGTHS- powerful flipper
    WEAKNESSES- Limited co2

Name: Spikey 2 (LW)
    Type: Cluster bot
    Weight: around 27kg
    Dimensions: 60cm X 40cm X 22cm each
    Drive: 2 X 750-Watt Bosch motor each (its basic)
    Speed: 12mph
    Turning Circle: 0mm
    Locomotion: 4 inner go-cart wheels
    Shape: 4-wheeled invertible box
    Armour: 5mm aluminium
    Colour: yellow
    Weapon: at the front it also has a front-hinged wedge but this time it has a spawn of scutter style spike powered by CO2 which will work both ways up.
    Ground Clearance: At the front its 0mm due to the wedge at the back and sides its 6mm with out the skirts 0mm with them.
    Notes: the stats are in a random order because its part of my clusterbot
    Strengths: Good pushing power, powerful weapon
    Weakness: Its Yellow easily seen

NAME- Daphne (mw)
    SHAPE- Invertible box
    COLOUR- the robot is mostly purple, on the front is a red wig (like colour of Daphne in Scooby Doo, with a purple head band). On the hinged wedge is a painted green scarf
    WEIGHT- 55kg
    SPEED- 22mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at front due to hinged wedge, 0mm at sides and rear due to hinged skirts.
    ARMOUR- 5mm aluminium
    WHEELS- 4 inner vulcalon wheels
    POWER- 2x LEM130 Lynch Motors on 24v
    WEAPONS- It has a front hinged wedge, in it is a chain flail
    SRIMECH- invertible
    STRENGTHS- good rammer
    WEAKNESSES- its daphne, she€™s always getting into trouble

Name- Someone€™s Watching Over Me (SHW)
    SHAPE- Tall Wedge
    COLOUR- Dark grey
    WEIGHT- 155kg
    DIMENSIONS- Height: 30cm, Length: 80cm, Width: 65cm
    SPEED- around 18mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at the front due to wedge extender, 5mm at sides and rear with out the skirts, 0mm with them
    ARMOUR- 7mm Aluminium Boron Carbite
    MOVEMENT- 4 inner vulcalon wheels, it uses a skid steer system like tornado
    POWER- 4 X S28-400€™s on 24volts
    WEAPONS- The robot has a 1000psi nitrogen flipper on a 80mm bore on a 100-stroke ram which should make around 3.5 tones at the ram (if I am incorrect please correct me) the nitrogen is stored in 4, 2.2kg canisters, the robot has around 40 flips in a fight, the flipper is on high pressure
    NOTES- It€™s a super heavy version of Take Me Out, and if it gets under you, you will be watching over it from the arena roof.
    STRENGTHS- Powerful weapon, good drive
    WEAKNESSES- limited supply for the weapon

Name: Disco 5
    Shape: Low Wedge with small rear wedge
    Motivation: it now uses four storm 2 style Vulcalon wheels
    Speed: 12.5 Mph
    Weight: 100kg
    Height: 300mm to top of body, 600mm to the top of the disc
    Length: 1300mm
    Width: 600mm
    Weapon: 500mm Vert. flywheel @ 3000rpm. Has a 4.00 second spin up time due to the C40-500 Magmotor on 36v with a 2:1 twin tension cog belt reduction. The flywheel produces 31.5Kj€™s at maximum RPM but is lethal at around 1 second. The second weapon is also the srimech, this weapon is a low pressure pneumatic flipper running on 10Bar (145psi) running into a single 80mm bore ram. This produces 509kg at the ram and is then transferred into the flipper with a leverage point ratio of 1:1. This is a forward facing flipper like FireStorm and will have no problem toppling the heaviest of robots.
    Chassis: 4mm Grade 5 Titanium monocoque with extra 5mm Titanium ribs to give it more rigidity.
    Drive: 2 x S28-400 Magmotors @ 36v with a 10:1 Mod 2 spur gear reduction
    Batteries: 90 x 3000mAh NiCD cells producing 36v @ 9amp
    Color- the robot and skirts and flipper are blue and the disc is yellow
    Clearance- it has 0mm at the front due to the wedge it has 0mm at the sides due to skirts its 6mm with out it also has a 0mm at the rear due to the small wedge which is there to replace the problem of the skirt being flipped into the disc. The skirts are NOT hinged and held down by torsion-springs so they shouldn€™t spring up and the rear one shouldn€™t go up into the disc
    Notes- The flywheel is at the back off the robot it goes over the back of the wedge so if I can get a robot up the wedge far enough it will be hit by the disc. The skirts stop the robot landing on its side.

Name: TIRTASM
    Shape: A low to the ground invertible box shape with a low centre of gravity
    Motivation: It uses four Vulcalon wheels like those used in Storm II
    Weight: Somewhere around 80kg without any set-ups
    Ground Clearance: 10mm all the way around unless stated
    SRIMECH: The robot can work invertible
    Drive: It is driven by two LEM130 Lynch Motors on 36v powered by NiCAD battery packs giving around 18hp and a top speed of 20mph
    Turning Circle: It turns on the spot using a Tornado like 4WD skid steering system
    Armour: 5mm thick Grade 5 Titanium
    Notes: Interchangeable body panels, all can be changed within the time limit of 20 minutes (Ta to Steve for some help )
    Strength: Interchangeable weaponry speed and power
    Weakness: High clearance

Set-ups:

1.0) A 15kg scoop made of 10mm thick Hardox - For use against bad pushers or any powerful spinners, also has a spinning flail like on tornado
    2.0) A small vertical drum weighing around 5kg powered by a C40-500 Magmotor on 36v giving it around 6hp - For use against weak armoured robots
    3.0) A pair of front forks similar to those on Panic Attack with carbon tips for scratching Titanium robots, they are powered by two Linear Actuators and can work either way up - For use against robots with high ground clearance and that have wheel slots I can slide them into
    4.0) Eight carbon tipped spikes, four at the front, four at the back each places in the corner of the robot - For use against robots with thin Titanium, 2 spikes on the front and the back move in and out powered co2
    5.0) A front concave curving horizontal scoop thing made of 10mm Hardox and 10mm rubber behind it for impacts, the outer armour is replaced with drilled 3mm thick Ti - For use against round robots of Full Body spinners, also to fit the active weapons rule it has a chain flail like used on tornado
    6.0) Some 5mm thick Ti/V skirts hinged in the centre of the robot so they flop over if flipped - For use against flippers, it also has a front 8kg vertical drum
    7.0) Some 5mm thick Ti/V skirts hinged very low to the bottom of the robot and each mounted with springs - For use against rammers
    A low rear hinged arm going across the top of the robot made of drilled Grade 5 Titanium powered by a linear actuator. On the end is a small crusher also powered by a linear actuator so that it can clamp and then lift. There are also some hinged skirts around the edge of the robot making it hard to flippers to get under - For use against flippers, the idea is to stop them with the skirts and try and crush the flipper when its fired so I can mash up the electronics with the crusher and then dump them where I feel (Thanks to Steve for designing this mechanism )

Keep on Panicking isn€™t finished yet so stats up Sunday at the latest

NAME- Star 69
    SHAPE- It€™s a shaped like a five point star but the points are mounted round a inner circle so the points of the star spin round
    COLOR- yellow
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    SPEED- 19mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- about 9mm but is lower under the bottom teeth where it is about 3-4mm
    ARMOUR- it has 4mm grade 5 titanium
    MOVEMENT- it uses 6 inner storm 2 wheels
    DRIVE- it uses 2 x lem 130€™s
    BATTERIES- 4 x 30 cell 36volt 3ah Sanyo NiCad packs
    WEAPONS- as I said it has an outer spinning ring so is a fbs the ring is powered by a C40-500 Magmotor, the points on the star each have sharpened teeth on them and it spins in a clockwise direction, each point has 3 teeth on it, one on the bottom for tearing at skirts in wheels, one in the middle for body work and that, and one at the top for aerials and tall robots and also used for bottom teeth when flipped
    SRIMECH- Invertible, points and blades stop it from sticking on side
    NOTES- according to frank the name is rude, first star shaped robot
    STRENGTHS- Powerful weapon and drive
    WEAKNESSES- it€™s a bit random

NAME- The deer (was crusher chaos)
    SHAPE- Invertible box
    COLOR- the robot and claws are a dark green color
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- 1m x 80cm x 25cm (l,w,h)
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- It has 6mm at the front due to the claws and has 0mm at the sides and rear without skirts 6mm. The skirts also work both ways up.
    ARMOUR- 3.6mm hardox
    MOVEMENT- 4 inner wheels that make the robot invertible
    POWER- 2 x S28 Magmotors on 24v.
    WEAPONS- it has a front pair of horizontal hydraulic crushing claws set up like deers antlers like you fine in extreme destruction. The claws have 3.5 tones of crushing force on the front tips of the claws at the middle is 6tones and right at the back it has 8 tones of crush. The claws are powered by hydraulics through a 120mm bore rams at 3000psi
    NOTES- invertible, wide base means I wont topple while the deer is crushing
    STRENGTHS- Very powerful weapon
    WEAKNESSES- it could be turned into venison

Name- Take me out (thanks to Dave for naming the robot for me)
    SHAPE- Wedge
    COLOUR- Dark grey
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- Height: 20cm, Length: 80cm, Width: 65cm
    SPEED- around 18mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at the front due to wedge extender, 5mm at sides and rear
    ARMOUR- 4mm Aluminium Boron Carbite
    MOVEMENT- 4 inner vulcalon wheels, it uses a skid steer system like tornado
    DRIVE- 2 LEM 130€™S on 36 volts
    BATTERIES- custom 3300mAh NiCad Cell 36v BotPack
    WEAPONS- The robot has a 1000psi nitrogen flipper on a 80mm bore on a 100-stroke ram which should make around 3.5 tones at the ram (if I am incorrect please correct me) the nitrogen is stored in 2, 2.2kg canisters, the robot has around 25 flips in a fight, the flipper is on high pressure
    STRENGTHS- Powerful weapon, good drive
    WEAKNESSES- limited supply for the weapon

And my realies are panic attack and razer as I already said

2) The double torsion spring system in Artemis will remain, as I asked Tom personally on MSN if the system would work with a double torsion spring in it and he said yes.

I didnt say eys to a double torsion spring. It wont work.

Well, if I did say a double would work, I mustnt have been thinking straight. The spring has to compress, and if they twist in different directions youll just twist the spike into a circle. :P

I apologize for the misinformation.

Register To Comment