Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini-Most Insane Robotic Elmination Challenge: Tag Team Styl

swiss_tony
    Okay, I need some writing, and I wont be getting any entries for MIREC for a while, so I decided to start this. I just need 8 people to enter 2 heavys each, and theyll be in a tag team with a 8-way style bracket. Also, the top 3 teams will compete in a ahnnilator, and then a rumble in the ever-so classic huge ass arena we all know and hate
    The tag team matches will be in this arena:
    TAG TEAM ARENA:
    First, each robot will be dropped into a tube with air swirling around, with a sufrace of oil to make controlling even tougher. Then, to be sure everything will be in control, the teams are dropped in together.
    along the tube, there are various hazards, such as circular saws, spiked pistons, and hellrazers which can launch you to the celing of the pipe. Normally, these wouldnt do too mcuh damage, but at suhc a high speed thanks to the sliding surface and the air and oil messing your control up, it can deal quite a bti of damage. Try to avoid them if you can somehow help it.
    At the end of the tube, there is a unique seperating system: A split path. Each team will go to their respective required split paths, which then is a sloped down so the robots fall into a trapdoor.
    Both will be dropped through 8 layers of 1mm pexiglass, each one 5 feet from the other. THere is a thickley cusioned pillow at the end so the impact isnt TOO severe. After that, there is a slope that his 10 more 1mm pexiglass panels 3 feet from each other, which you must drive thorugh. After the final one is the arena itself.
    Why did I just bother telling you the entrance? Beacuse heres the catch: ANY damage taken WILL be carried over to the fight itself. Now, heres the arena:
    This uses a unique system to make sure breaking the british tag team rules will be impossible. There are four gates, with each robot trapped in one at the beginning. At the word go, the operator will release the one the teams have agreed to go out first. Inside each cgae is a button. Push that button to let your teammate free. The thing is, once his barrier goes down, yorus will go up.They have a unique system which lets them go up fast, so forget trying to beat that to the punch.
    If a flipper tries flipping their oppoment into the same cage as their teammate, theyw ill be penalized points and the operator will open it so one can get free. If both go out, they will be penelized in points as well.
    There isnt much in the arena, hazard wise, except for one:
    THE TRAPDOOR OF DEATH: There are 5 of these, one in each cornor, and one in the middle. THey open and close VERY quickly. If you are on one while its close,d youll just be tossed into the air. If you are on one while Its open and then closes, though, it will knock you into a small area with a trampoline. Youll have to wait until your luck will let you be bounced back into the arena to stop taking damage from being hammered back down, thanks to the spieks on the bottom. They can be destoryed, as well, so that may be a option of escaping if ypure REALLY unlucky.
    Oh yeah. If you feel like it, you can enter one robot with another persons robot, but if you want to use 2 of yours, thats fine.
    GET IT ON!!!!

this is a job for tengu 7 and kali

http://www.alexjholt.tkwww.alexjholt.tk

Cue Wedge Devo and Killy. The top Tag twins in Team Braveheart

http://thdcrobotics.proboards33.com/index.cgi?board=Bravehearthttp://thdcrobotics.proboards33.com/...ard=Braveheart

mmmm. When do entries have to be in? I might rucker up Roper into joining me, I also have a new idea for a robot

swiss_tony
    No time limit, just as soon as i reach 8.
    Also, another thing I forgot to mention: No flying robots or flamethrowers or anything else like that, but anything, and I mean ANYTHING else is fine as long as it fits into the weight limit.
    Also, the weight limit:
    100kg for Treads/Wheels
    120 for shufflers
    150 for walkers

You know Im just doing this to be irritating, but what weight do screws get?

swiss_tony
    Ah crap. I KNEW I forgot a movement, but couldnt figure otu what it was...
    Er....110kg should be fine.

swiss_tony
    The previous message from MIREC applies here too: Whoever it was impersonating Steve on MSN, if Roper ever reveals it, will be banned from ever entering this or any one of my tourtaments, opr kicked if they are already in. If Tom chooses not to reveal it, this is your chance to come clean now.

Register To Comment