Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please need some robot advice?

Hello,

My name is Will and I have been building a remote-controlled robot. I was hoping someone could offer me some advice.

I am using a RFDR33 Vantec controller, two NPC DC motors for the wheels, a 36V battery, and am trying to control this using the Futaba 9CAP transmitter with the accompanying 8 channel receiver and battery. The distances that I am running from the parts to the speed controller are small, therefore I am using mainly 12 guage wire. My problem is I cant get the motors to move when using the Futaba R/C. I have tested and checked all my connections and I am getting power from the battery when I turn my power switch but as I said before, my motors dont move when I move my joysticks on the Futaba. I checked my motors and they move when powered directly but not when signalled through the speed controller.

Could there be some special programming I am not aware with the Futaba transmitter? Or maybe some other component? If anyone could offer me any suggestions , please respond. Thankx.

team_ireland
    This may sound a bit stupid but is the vantec connected to the receiver, i.e. are the wires from the vantec (black, red and white) running to the receiver and if so are they in channel 1 and 2. Also does the receiver have power i.e. does it have its own rx battery or are you running a BEC.

Yes the vantec is connected to the receiver, they are in channel 1 and 2 and the receiver battery is connected in channel 3.

check make sure your RX is working by plugging a servo in a spare channel, if that works then its a speedo wiring problem. Put a volt meter over the vantec connectors to make sure you have power there. Make sure your RX plugs on the vantec are in the RX the right way round as vantec plugs can be instered either way, plus the dont have the red wire on them.

The transmitter and receiver batteries are both charged. As far as the Receiver plugs on the vantec, I have already taken the red wire out of both of them. But I will check the Reciever by plugging a servo in one of the other channels to see if it working. Im pretty sure I have power to the vantec because I checked the power with a voltmeter earlier.

vantec dont neen a booster, they only use the negative and signal from the RX, they dont use the positive.

I picture or diagram of yor setup might help.

I dont have a picture of my setup but I have hooked it up like the Vantec manual shows on their website. I have the power cable from the battery to the power switch and the a fuse to the Vantec speed controller (1+), the motors hooked to the corresponding terminals (Ma1,etc.), and then the ground cable from the battery to the ground on the Vantec (G1). I did not use the BRK/Clutch coil terminal. And as I said before inputs 1 and 2 in channels 1,2 in the receiver and battery in 3. Almost all the wiring is 12 guage wire.

The Vantec url is http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_vantec.htmlhttp://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_vantec.html

Register To Comment