Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something Special

2. Guest
    What about:

Speed 900 BB Torque

or use the bonx system, as in a 2-speed gearbox, which gives me or 13 mph or 700 rpm

there just standard 2 speed geared drill motors

What about using a t-box with titan 550 motors or something similar? Or stock rc car motors?

SS2 Gearbox/Motor Combo = £86.34 = 1.02Kg = 1.43hp @24V

Thats not quite right. 4 x SS2s + 150mm Wheels + GP3300 24V pack = 1.62hp in the EDT software. Also 26km/hr top speed in a 12kg and 24kg robot. So a rammer pushing another robot WILL hit the same top speed as it would go if it wasnt pushing anything. And trust me on this. Our new Hellbringer has this exact setup and was pushing robots into the walls at over 20km/hr.

Yeh but four of them?

but your looking at 4.5kg for motors/gearboxes if you use 4. and what speedcontroller are you planning on using? as each motor can probably pull over 150 amps each (stall). Ats all well and good having this much power, but can you get enough traction?

i would recomend the IFI victors there small and could take any motor you stick in a feather

Never mind weight, look at price. I could use 2 and use a belt drive or similar to drive 2 wheels.

By the way does anybody do gearboxes for gold motors?

Register To Comment