Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something Special

Chris just to say one thing, if i buy from the USA ill get about a £30 delivery cost

3. Guest
    Ok thanks chris. Any views on using ev warriors in featherweights and does anybody have any. How much did you obtain yours for chris?

Problem is with EVs is your looking at nearly 1.5kg each motor, you will then need a decent controller and batteries capable of taking the current.

Ok well looks like its golds for me. Hmm should i have four of them .

not unless you found aload of ti hanging around. As your looking at the same weight then as EVs. One pair of Golds will be enough as long as you get the gearing correct.

8. If I may put my two pennies into this conversation...
    If you are looking for serious drive for a feather take a quick look at... http://www.pillowtorque.com/tech.htm
    http://www.pillowtorque.com/tech.htm
    The reason we setteled on the Astroflight gear motors was very simple....WEIGHT! (motor and gearbox bearly 700g with more torque than is reasonable!) against 860g +/- for a gold on its own, before you even think about gearing, wheels etc!
    The whole drive system on Pillow Torque weighs just under 1.9Kg per side.. (Astros, motor mounts, pullies, belts, both wheels, axels & bearings!)

Theres one of things I wanted to ask you Geoff, were did you get Pillow torques bearings from?

NuTool Have come out with 36V drills at around 40 pounds each, we use the 30V ones with great results, but are now more expensive than the 36V ones as they dont make them anymore. You get 1.7Ah NiCads and a 1 hour fast charger along with the gearbox which is alot stronger than standard 18V ones.

Weve not used the 36V ones but the drill is the same size with just a slightly bigger battery pack. On litter Hitter each motor, gearbox, wheel and mounting setup is just under 1.5kg (I think, Graeme can you confirm?).

Using 2 motors and 80mm wheels is not quide as fast a pillow torque, but the setup is alot cheaper and you could always try bigger wheels.

Register To Comment