Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary retirement

jdwacken
    Hello all,

Ive not posted for a while, basically cause Ive had nothing to say. Unfortunately I now do.

Many of you from the live circuit will know my team mate Wayne. Hes the more out-going member of the team so if you ever think of Spearhead his is probably the face that comes to mind.

As you may or may not know Wayne has been having problems with his back for quite a while so hes recently had a scan to search for the reason. The result of this is that hes to have spinal surgery next month. Obviously this is serious. Even if everything goes well hell be recuperating for two to three months and the potential for problems is frighteningly apparent.

Ive had offers from other friends to accompany me to live events but at the moment that doesnt feel the right thing to do. Therefore Ive decided to withdraw Spearhead from competition for an unspecified period.

We hope to return sometime to live events but in the meantime, all of you, please do all you can to keep the sport strong. After all, we do want something to return to.

Thanks,

Richard

3. jdwacken
    Wayne has now had his operation (delayed a little but not too much) and is sporting an impressive 20cm scar up the middle of his back. The surgeons successfully removed a small tumor from within his spine which fortunately proved to be non-malignant so the only problem he has now is the boredom brought on by the inactivity his convalescence requires.

Its unlikely that well be able to get to any of this years events (though weve not totally ruled out some of the late ones) but were certainly aiming to be back next year.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and we hope to see you all soon.

Richard

i hope he has a speedy recovery be good to have u all back (excuse the pun)

I hope Wayne recoveres to full health real soon and i look forward to fighting your bot again.

7. Sorry to jump on the back of this but.....

my Dad who comes with me to almost every event (also known as Derek) has had what appears to be a mild stroke on tuesday nite
    He loves the robots but will most likely have to sit out the winter tour

Oh no! Give him our regards Craig. And see you on Sunday. Hope he is fine.

Mr Stu

Cant make sunday Amigo thats when the old bean is out of hospital sunday Morning but will be down for Pompey

Register To Comment