Register To Comment
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Robot Wars

cardiff4
    As part of my website relaunch, due very soon, Id like to introduce this to you. (This text is off my website update)

FANTASY ROBOT WARS
    Here are RWZ, we are running a fantasy competition to find the Robot Wars champion. The prize is a CD-ROM or DVD containing various battles from Robot Wars, including several of the finals. It is currently under construction and more details will follow soon.

To take part, pick 20 of the 50 below, and send them to my email address (cardiff4@netster.com). Once you have sent in your robots, an simulated tournament will take place, and I will post regular results on this website. Anything can happen, so dont just pick the bigger names.

The competition will start in around mid-May. Good luck!
    Rhys O Sullivan

NOTE: No profit is being made by myself on this competition.

And here are the 50 robots to choose from:
    101, 3 Stegs to Heaven, Aggrobot, Atomic, Behemoth, Bigger Brother, Bulldog Breed, Chaos 2, Diotoir, Dominator 2, Firestorm, Fluffy, Gemini, Hypno-disc, King B Powerworks, Kronic 2, Major Tom, Ming 3, Mega Morg, Mortis, Mousetrap, Napalm, Panic Attack, Plunderbird 5, Pussycat, Razer, Road Block, S3, S.M.I.D.S.Y, Sir Chromalot, Spawn Again, Splinter, Steel Avenger, Stinger, Suicidal Tendencies, Thermidor 2, Tornado, Wheely Big Cheese, Wild Thing, X-Terminator, Typhoon 2, Storm 2, Dantomkia, M2, 13 Black, Terrorhurtz, St. Agro, 259, Supernova and Grim Reaper.

The more the merrier.

Ill give this a go:

101, Atomic, Behemoth, Bigger Brother, Diotoir, Hypno-disc, Napalm, Panic Attack, Razer, Road Block, Stinger, Tornado, Typhoon 2, Terrorhurtz, 259, Supernova, Mousetrap, S.M.I.D.S.Y, Wild Thing and Plunderbird 5

cardiff4
    The rules are that the twenty robots which are selected will be used in the fantasy torunament by each player. The better your choices do, the more points you score:

Win Match in Heat- 5 Pts
    Heat Final- 15 Pts
    Semi Final Melee Qualifier- 25 Pts
    Semi Final Round 2 Winner- 40 Pts
    4th Place- 45 Pts
    3rd Place- 65 Pts
    Runner Up- 85 Pts
    Winner- 100 Pts

The player with the most points will win the fantasy competition.

cardiff4
    Yes.

Also, if this is successful enough, I might do this more often.

cardiff4
    Im having a few troubles with the DVD, any ideas for a good prize (be serious, and it must be robot related)

Does anyone have video footage that I could you to make the DVD (e.g finals, major matches)on a computer file?

I can obtain some footage of fights, and some awesome weapon attacks, like the WBC flips, but itll take time.

I was planning on making a DVD of the best bits of RW:

Best and Worst of the House Robots

Best of the Arena

Best of the competitors
    *Flippers
    *axes
    *Discs
    *Crushers
    *Rammers

Best Quote:
    Presenter
    Competitor