Register To Comment
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The Legends Tournament

VFT1 I think I major a major error. If it wasnt for that glaring oversight in the bot at that stage, it would have won easily IMO.

Sometimes I wish SpinVerter 3 was taken for what it was, rather than hey, lets figure out a way to beat it (Dave, Martyn etc. was the attitude of the time due to me being confident about it- why not? It was easily the most revolutionary thing Id ever made!) I think that alone was the major factor which stopped it from winning tournaments. That and MDU.

That happens with all winning robots, MDU had barely won a tourny and 10000 clones left the star wars production and joined the fanfics! Ive lost count of all the Anti-MDU bots around, some quite clever and would work, some havent a chance in hell

Hell, I miss the VFT 1,2,3,4 days... *sheds a tear over the glorious memories, but only one*

Dude, SpinVerter didnt even WIN before it started being strategically sniped by writers.

I look to the future, it makes me cry.

Another healthy delay but it€™s time for scene 2.

Act 4, Scene 2

It€™s like empty souls, they stand alone.

Fight 1

Catalyst vs. Panic Cubed

In the blue square, Catalyst from Team Viper
    In the red square, Panic Cubed from Team Raven

Active

At once Catalyst starts to roll itself around on it€™s drive to get it€™s weapon up to speed, as Panic Cubed starts to roll away from the starting square, and straight into Catalyst to get the forks underneath the spinner, which is spinning clockwise, as Panic Cubed hits into the spinner.

Panic Cubed is spun away, as the reflex sends Catalyst into the sliding door as it€™s sliding, bending it so that it can€™t shut. Panic Cubed€™s front is all ripped up by that single impact, as Martyn comes back onto the attack, but once more fails to get the forks underneath the spinning body, but the forks are hit by the spinning spikes, and take the full pressure from the spinner and are ripped clean off, as Catalyst comes back onto the attack, and once more attacks the side skirts, which come away as easy as they were made of cheese, as Panic Cubed tries to come back onto the attack, but Martyn has ran out of ideas, and so rams straight into Catalyst in a do-or-die ram, and manages to push Catalyst backwards, but also takes a large slice of the energy and slowly grinds down to a stop, as Catalyst is spinning away in the background, as Panic Panic Panic has stopped. Martyn is trying to do everything in the book to get the robot going, but the lights are off.

Cease

Catalyst wins over Panic Panic Panic via KO in 1:35

Fight 2

The Box Returns Not For the Last Time vs. Hurricane Hugo

In the red square, The Box Returns not For the Last Time from Team AJ robotics.
    In the blue square, Hurricane Hugo from Team Hitmen.

Active

Hurricane Hugo is the first out of the starting squares, as The Box Returns Not for the Last Time returns to the arena, after a shock round 1 victory over Dante. Hurricane Hugo gets first blood onto The Box, and spins it away with ease, and another attack from the faster machine onto poor old Boxy, sends the side panel hanging loose, and yet another hit from Hurricane Hugo, as the panel is ripped off, being sent into the air, and landing on top of Hurricane Hugo, which spins the panel off, as The Box Returns Not for the Last Time is pushed into the arena hammer, which adds more insult, as the front wedge has completely been wrecked, as the hammer comes down, once, twice, and Hurricane Hugo rams into The Box again, spinning it away, and the rear wheel has come loose, as the button is pressed in the red control square.

Cease

Hurricane Hugo wins over The Box Returns Not for the Last Time via Tap Out in 0.45 seconds.

Act 4, Scene 3
    Catalyst vs. Hurricane Hugo.

Two large spinners, only one winner to take the 5th 10 points out of 6.

In the red square, Catalyst, from Team Viper Robotics
    In the blue square, Hurricane Hugo from Team Hitmen.

Active
    Catalyst€™s weapon is spun up, waiting for the attack from Hurricane Hugo, as Tony starts to spin it€™s outside ring up to speed to come onto the attack, but he is waiting for the sliding door to slide back into play to attack Catalyst first, as Viper starts to move forward, the top-secret brain on Catalyst starts it rolling forward as well at in 2 Pie Radians. Hurricane Hugo has come onto the attack.

Both robots hit, as neither roboteer knows what will happen, as a bang is heard, and the cloud of smoke covers both robots as Catalyst is away from the smoke, showing Hurricane Hugo€™s entire spinning ring hanging loose, as Storm Hugo turns into a floor spinner and the ring spinner part of it comes away and the rest follows as Mr Hugo is undressing itself. Catalyst has opened the pit release button, and ripped it clean away from Gale-Hugo, as Catalyst is waiting for another attack from Gale-Hugo, and starts to move towards the party, as Gale-Hugo comes into the attack, as both are floor spinners this could be good to see what happens, as Gale-Hugo is spun away, and onto the arena spike, which fires, sending it onto it€™s side and onto it€™s top, the insides are spinning away madly, but the wheels are spinning, but nothing it moving on Windy Hugo, as Catalyst slams into Windy Hugo once more, which splits the nut up.

Breezy Hugo isn€™t moving, nothing is left, as Ref starts to count it out.

Cease

Catalyst wins over Hurricane Hugo via KO in 4:57 and claims all 10 points:

swiss_tony
    Woot. In the lead. Owned Andy 1, and got owned by Andy 2. Not bad for Hugos first run.
    And for this one, Im gonna use Aquarius, which has been updated slightly.
    http://farr.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=Hitmen&action=display&num=11104067 88http://farr.proboards21.com/index.cg...num=1110406788

Register To Comment