Register To Comment
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 1st bot

well ive got the same problem mark

Thing is is that the cogs im using from technobots just happen to have a hole of 5mm through the centre and the shaft, once filed down, on my motors looks as if it is roughly 5mm.

You could always attempt to smooth the thread to a smooth finish by putting an apoxy resin on it and then carefully smoothing it out. This should be strong enough as we used it in the hubs of the wheels for the lightweight robots, thunder and lightning.

Well i want to mount the wheels straight onto the right angle gear box shaft of the windscreen wiper motor. But the shaft is threaded and stubby. I was thinking maybe get a threaded tube then put a pin through that and the shaft or weld it. Im not too sure really. Ill have a mess about and see what i can come up with. Im sure somebody has succesfully done this before.

you could try and replace the shaft of the gearbox. I thought you were talking about the shft of the motor. Replacing the gearbox shaft is alot easier than trying to replace the motor shaft. This is probably easier than attempting to weld or pin a stubby shaft.

5. Guest
    So how would i go about replacing the shaft?

7. Why? Whatcha planning Stephen?

Anyway I am having difficulty getting 1 piece of my machine: the axle.

Stop laughing, Im serious. I have nothing round here to use for it. I need 2 * 12mm axles to finish collecting parts for a gearbox. Then I can start building. *hallelujah*

I (little mad old me) was planning on using 2 M12 roofing bolts and using the smooth part on those as an axle, but I cant manage to get the gears onto them without a thread..

Suggestions anyone?

team_ireland
    Try m10 bolts. Some of them do not have a thread for the full length and the unthreaded parts are close enough to 12mm IIRC

go to a metal shop near you and ask them if they have any 12mm bar they will prob give you it if you dont need alot

Register To Comment