Register To Comment
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st bot

Hi im making a bot and im using 4 windscreen wiper motors i think or 4 planetary geared motors, who knows. anyways id like to know if a 4qd RC interface would work with electronize speedos to produce a tank steering type robot with 4 low wattage motors.

No need for a 4QD interface, thatd be a waste of money. You only need two electronizes and a mixer (about 15.00 for the mixer)

team_ireland
    TO produce tank steering you would not even need a mixer.

5. Guest
    ok what ratings do i need. would a 10a+5v suffice? and do i need a four or 2 channel receiver

ok i know im a complete newbie aswell, but my understanding is that with a 2 channel receiver all you will be able to do is drive it about as each electronize will take up a channel, if you want any weapons or for it to do anything else you will need a 4 channel one.

I hope someone comes along and proves me right

A 10A + 5 with 2 motors sharing it. You may be pulling alond the lines of between 10 and 25 amps per motor depending on your drive.

and yes, Andrew is right. You need 1 channel per moving part on your machine. A minimum of 2 for drive and more for any weapons/schrimechs.

I feel like you 2, Ive been with Team MORG b4 and now trying to build a featherweight on my own, it feels like Im starting from scratch... Keep it up both!

I know some has probably put this up b4 but it is still the best guide for building a featherweight I can find on the internet.

http://www.stupoo2000.pwp.blueyonder...technical.htm>

Ceri, ive been with typhoon for 4 years, i know what you mean

Its great that there are new people on the forum asking questions and we now have a good few more feathers and by the sounds of the questions they will be fantastic machines!

What kind of batteries should I be looking atfor four 12v feather golds? Would i need four, two each side in series to give 24v. And what Ah rating would you recommend. Do the electronize speedos allow you to reverse the motors so the bot can reverse

Register To Comment