Register To Comment
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st bot

well, you will want to wire the batteries up in parralell to give 12v but double Amp. Wire both speedos to the same batteries as this will save you alot of weight rather than having two seperate battery packs! The electronize speedos do give forward and reverse control for your motors so there will be no problems in controlling your robot. Are you running 4 gold motors for your drive? i use 2 24v for drive, and a 12v overvolted to 24v on my weapon. i use 3.3Ah NiHm batteries and that gives me enough power for atleast 1 to 2 battles.so that should be fine for you.

team_ireland
    I personally would recomend a Ni-cd bot pack at 24v. However if you cannot afford that then I would recomend a 4-5amp SLA battery.

i was planning on using four 12v golds, 4 12v 3.3ah slas, 2 for each side. Then wiring motors and batteries in series to give 12v to each motor and the same amount of current. Altough if you think 2 24v golds would suffice then ill consider that.

weights not a problem. trust me. and it weighs about 10kg

so if i wire the batteries in parralell, would i wire the motors in parrallel?

team_ireland
    Mate weight would be a problem with that robot.
    Again you gear down a gold and include a wheel I would say 1.5kg would be a fair enough estimate. 3.3amp hour SLA batteries weigh 1.3-1.4kg each. The two electronises weigh 0.5kg total. Add another 0.5kg for receiver, wires, link, rx battery etc.

SO thats:
    4x Golds and Gears: 4x 1.5kg= 6kg
    4x 3.3amp 12v SLA: 4x 1.3kg= 5.2kg
    2x Electronise 30amp: 2x 0.25kg= 0.5kg
    1x Receiver wire etc: 1x 0.5kg= 0.5kg
    Total: 12.2kg

That does not include any chassis, armour, bolts or anything else. There os absolutely no way those parts in that number could end up underweight.

I would recomend:
    2x 24v Gold motors: 2x 1.5kg: 3kg
    2x 5amp sla in series: 2x 1.6kg= 3.2kg
    2x Electronise 30amp: 2x 0.25kg= 0.5kg
    1x Receiver, Wire etc: 1x 0.5kg= 0.5kg
    Total: 7.2kg
    Remaining weight: 4.8kg

That should be enough for a decent chassis and armour.

Regards
    Ian

If you think you can get all that lot inside 12Kg....

Go ahead try it. Were not gonna stop you.

My main concern is that you have a tradeoff between drive power and armour. Even if you have managed to get this full drive in at 10Kg, are you sure that the remaining 2Kg would be enough to protect these precious parts?
    There are quite dangerous spinners around. (Eds Vortex being one of them.) and they could cause a lot of damage to your robot in battle.

Just concerned thats all.

Oh and Im looking forward to fighting more feathers as soon as Ive finished building. I vant to trash them all! *Evil laugh... decends into coughing* Boy, what a nasty cold I have, ahem. Oh and I said the word with because help is still up for debate...

well no the weight limit is 70kg but the dimension limits are that of a feather or about so SPACE is the issuse. Yet i understand your concern and i suppose if we wanted to enter normal competitons we should try to comply to a normal limit. Thanks for the help and i know im a noob to this. If I had it my way and went against the advice of the BNFL engineers id have bosch 750w motors in there but i doubt we would have the room, but definetly have enough weight.

Could someone tell me the dimension limits of a featherweight. Hope to see some of you if we get to take our bot beyond the competition were in.

Register To Comment