Register To Comment
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Running 24V 150W Gold Motors on 12V

Well ive already got too much advice than i know what to do with !!!

One reason i havnt considered using drill motors yet is i dont know where to get cheap drills and i dont know how easy they are to get out of the drill.

I live in the north east of scotland (no robot clubs or any live events that i know of round here)

Geoff, would it not actually be cheaper to use a H-Bridge than a pair of electronizes and a mixer ? Feel free to prove me completely wrong though Does a H-bridge also do the work of the mixer ?

At the moment im swinging towards using 24V Gold Motors since ive got all this advice. I can only realisticly afford 2 of them though, ive been told i could sort out with pulleys etc for each motor to drive 2 wheels, how practical is this, how expensive would that be and how complicated

3. team_ireland
    Put simply Andrew 4 drills would be less cheeper, easier and less current hungry (possibly wrong there!). Getting the drills out is not too hard at all.

And they can be easily moded using doms mod kits!

Regards

Ian

5. Guest
    I live near Aberdeen in scotland.

How powerful are the drill motors, whats the Wattage for those 14.8V drills ?

7. fantastic, is that 4 feathers that we now have in scotland?

We should get together somewhere and have a wee battle up north when we are finished building

9. Guest
    hey cool, my grandparents live in montrose.

Register To Comment