Register To Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some general tips please

feathers are 12kilo middles are 50kg. You would probably want a controller with at least 40amps, with some form of current limiting.

team_ireland
    I would recomend some External Relay Modified Electronises, They can take more than an IBC and they will cost you around 80pounds for the pair.

Electronizes more than IBC??? The external relay mod only allows for about 40A I wouldve thought. But yeah, as Alan says, second hand 4QDs may be a cheaper option. Also you might be able to buy the interface with the 4QDs if someones got a whole driving set-up going.

in the original typhoon thats what we did julian, it worked fine and provided a good drive system, we took the gearboxes off and used bike chain and sprockets with 12cm wheels

team_ireland
    Ewan said:
    Electronizes more than IBC??? The external relay mod only allows for about 40A I wouldve thought. But yeah, as Alan says, second hand 4QDs may be a cheaper option. Also you might be able to buy the interface with the 4QDs if someones got a whole driving set-up going.

Depends on the relays you use. The fets can take in excess of 90amps compaired to the IBCs 50!

ok ok people. please dont get too technical here and remember when i see tight budget i mean tight. also we have an 80kg weight limit for the compeptition but we are aiming for 40-50kg. Could someone give me the easiest set-up for an r/c system

what competition are you entering?

the set-up will depend on what speedos you use, some are just a case of pluging the things in, other systems can require more.

I am entering a British Nuclear group competition. I would prefer a servo where it was just a case of plugging things in. We also have to have a button wired in which will turn the robot completely off. Id like some speedo reccomendations please. One that i can get for as much under £100 as possible.

Register To Comment