Register To Comment
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oddestsey

The world has no name, no purpose and nothing of its own, it is a world but not, made up of tiny fragments of an infinite number of worlds, things that are lost end up here, forgotten by where they came from. The world is a mixed up place with little logic, and that which it does have is only used to hold the place together. There are few who can recognise any order of things, there are few countries, few comprehend the world to an extent where they could have some form of power over it.

The five members of the party awake, but the setting is not familiar to them, after finding out about each other they all discover how they came to be here, each went into a place where they had not been before, each wandered in until nothing but darkness filled there senses, and then they woke up here.

The place where they find themselves is on a beach of fiery red sand leading down into a slightly muddy sea which seams to be unusually free of debris. It seems they arrived in this place along with a random selection of other items, mostly worthless and broken but there are some items which may be of interest, from the look of it they probably arrived at the same time you did. The rest of it is broken and useless.

A small bag containing 300 silver coins (weight 1)
    An old flintlockpistol that can take 2 shots, along with a bag containing 30 pellets (weight 4, attack 30-60, attack rate, slow)
    A small grey scientific calculator (weight 1)
    A worn but still good condition knee length leather jacket (weight 6, defence 7)
    Two small medi-kits including bandages and plasters (weight 1 each)
    A Penny farthing bicycle (weight 35)
    A large box of leeks (weight 9)
    A reel of masking tape (weight 1)
    A random computer motherboard (weight 1)
    A crystal ball with a couple of cracks in it (weight 3)
    One handgrenade covered in what appears to be pink fur fabric. (weight 2, attack 100-190, attack rate fast, one use only)
    An inflatable plastic flamingo (weight 4)
    An octopus tentacle (weight 1)
    A glowing golden feather (weight 2)
    A small device for cutting gun-pellet sized pieces of material (weight 2)

Its who ever gets there first as to who gets each thing however if your on before someone else and think they need it more you may say get that for so and so if you think someone else will take it.

List what do you want to take, who wants to take what?

Afterwards you look at your options, the group discusses what they may be able to do: they come up with. You appear to be on the tip of a long peninsula, there appear to be two ships out to sea, relatively close is a small steel ship that is very low in the water but looks quite powerful, further out is what appears to be a Spanish galleon. Behind you smoke rises in the west. There is sufficient waster material to create a small fire without any problems.

What do you wish to do:

Signal the steel boat
    Signal the Galleon
    Wait where you are overnight
    Follow the Coast east
    Follow the Coast West
    Try to create a raft from the remaining rubbish on the beach and go out to sea.
    Head towards the smoke
    Head Directly Inland

Something else.

PS: Do not name types of fire-arm or explosivs with their correctly spelt name because otherwise i wont be able to access this apge at school and everything will go slower

This is so going to rule...

Right, I might as well take the calculator, the Flintlock and the gun-pellet cutter. And perhaps the feather. Yknow, in case I have to battle a tribe of Amazon women.

As for what to do, I say either signal the steel boat or head westward.

Oh and a note upon currency

10 copper coins = 1 silver coin
    10 silver coins = 1 gold coin

pretty simple

I need a majority descision of most popular descision after a day to progress

You have until roughly 10.15 GMT

May I suggest that Steve may want to give his old emerald rod to someone else seeing as that had the highest attack already

1) Youll notice i did decide to use spells now, youll get a new one each time you advance enoguh in special ability

2) Remember that just because Ive put an item doesnt mean it has any use at any point in the sotry, in reverse just because an item looks useful doesnt mean it will be. It all depends on your choices combined with mine.

3) If you want aboriginee monsters Tom youll have to provide me with some for higher levels, the only ones i know offhand are bunyip and wulgaroo and that probably more than most people do

4) Remember if you think of soemthign else i dont have a set plan at to where this is going so suggest it and i can write it

OK, hows this - I give the Flintlock and pellet producer to someone else and take the fluffy Holy Hand Grenade instead. Sorry, chaps, but NOBODY touches the cane but me

Ill also take the old crystal ball and use my enormous scientific know-how to merge it with the calculator. With it, I have created the worlds most accurate Magic 8 Ball - which can also compute the nastiest of sums (good for fortune-telling with its high probibility level and for techno trouble we encounter later on )

One idea is perhaps the Summoner idea of levelling up, each character has a set of abilities, they learn more as they get more expirianced (like the warrior, forgot his name, in the late stages manages to learn some white magic), whenever you level up, you get 2-5 attribute points (depends how generous youre feeling) and your HP/MP maxes out. Now, the abilites you learn depend on how you attribute the points, the only restriction being that they can only go up to your current overall level.

Say that as a default, i had three points for white magic, that is what allows me to use Close Wounds (which i assume is heal right?), if i wanted the next white ability which may be, oh, i dunno, regeneration so that HP heal over a period of time, i might have to put one or two into white.

At the same time, next time i level up, i might also have one fire point, meaning that i start off with a low level fire attack, like fire arrow, but i can put more points in to get a higher ability, you can bring these in at any time and they would be different for each character, ie, Sarah would eventually have fire, ice, air (including at higher levels,lightening), earth or dark spells to call on,darkness only as she gets more advanced and her body can take it. At the same time, the option to level up an attack ability like melee or archery may also be in play. For the spell abilities, each character would need to know the next unlockable ability qand how many stat points that would require, melee or archery would mean higer attack in those areas.

I dunno, not telling you how to run this.

If no one else wants the med packs, put them on my list also, but only if no one else wants them.

Register To Comment