Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: East midlands - new social venue

Finally the official report - sorry for the delay but we made arrangements on Saturday for the next social and I wanted to confirm the details before posting anything.

The event was attended by 4 teams and the food was good and the little corner that we were in was cosy and quiet enough to hold a conversation without having to shout.

Steve Woolsey wins the long distance award by a very large margin - well done, hope you got to bed at a reasonable hour.

Subjects discussed were the vote for the possible weight limit change for feathers, I was surprised that the overwhelming views were to keep it as it is.

The Merlin team was asked if a future social could be held in their area, and we could all go for a play later at their feather arena in the back garden. Mike went one better and suggested we have a barbie in the back garden instead of meeting in a pub. Everyone agreed and Kevin Scott suggested we bring alond some heavies for a photo shoot. Provisionally we will be looking at early June, further details to follow as arrangements are made. If this date clashes with any other I would like to know fairly soon so that we can re-arrange.

There was a nostalgic look back to teams past experiences at RW and Technogames, and a few funny experiences recounted.

We did talk about a lot more things but I cant remember what they were about, I think I may have had too much beer! I will arrange a social at the same place again April 2nd.

The next regional meeting is up north with Jeremy Cuss at Floxton in March

Jonno and I will be along after you have eaten your meal. So about 7:30pm ish i assume.

Mr Stu

hey... im always social... i dont know what your talking about !!!

jonno

ill come to the socail at the merlins house but watch out there dogs rip kids heads off
    all the better to bring matthew then (alan,david)

is this the one at the youngs house ???

id be more willing, to travel just a few miles from my house to the pub where it was last time

Register To Comment