Register To Comment
Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Norman Sheppard Tribute Tournament

The Norman Sheppard Tribute Tournament

Fight against Robots is back, but with a new name to honour my old Grandfather who sadly passed away in early December 2004. This series 9 and by the system of previous series should have 256 robots entered, but I was thinking I can€™t stand around and do 256 fights this time around. Therefore it will only be a 72 robot sized, but the key difference this time is that all the robots are entered by you lot this time.

The Rankings

Based purely on the results from FAR 8, and taken the retirement of several members, the FAR 8 seed is in brackets, the ranking list is:
    1. Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    2. Son of Ripper 3.5 (30)
    3. Bulldog Breed (11)
    4. Tsunami 2
    5. Gravity 5
    6. SD IV
    7. Flaming Hell
    8. Panicking (4)
    9. Typhoon 2
    10. Flipping Hell (11)
    11. No Close Shave 2 (10)
    12. Firestorm 5 (
    13. Die Ceratops Invertus (19)
    14. Slammer 3
    15. Frost-Byte (1)
    16. Disco 5 (3)
    17. Hell Machine (1
    18. Ceros-Icarus
    19. Ram-Rod
    20. Flippa Frenzay Mk 6 (20)
    21. Force Power (29)
    22. Wedge Devolution (25)
    23. Achilles
    24. Disco Dancer

25. X-terminator
    26. Behemoth (15)
    27. Terrorducktyl
    28. Kan-Opener (13)
    29. The Deer
    30. Dantomkia

My rules for seeds are simple; just say which robot you are replacing.

Entry Requirements
    (Ta for Steve for allowing me to borrow these)
    - I am looking for 12 people to enter 6 machines
    - Competitors can either be vapourbots or real robots (from RW, Battlebots etc)
    - However, at least one of your machines MUST be a real robot
    - If your entering 5 vapours to 1 real, one of your vapours MUST be €˜new€™ where new is defined as having at max, 1 fight at the time of signing up
    - The weight limits are:
    - 100kg for wheeled robots (e.g. Tornado)
    - 110kg for tracked robots (e.g. Mortis)
    - 120kg for shufflers (e.g. Son of Whyachi)
    - 150kg for €˜true€™ walkers (e.g. Anarchy)
    - If your real robot is a walker, and has been on the television, but doesn€™t fit in the new rule, You are allowed to enter it.
    - No flying robots are permitted
    - No purely passive robots are permitted (inc. bots with interchangeable wedges and the like.) However, this doesnt not include machines with Stinger-style weaponry as it actually swings.
    - Clusterbots are permitted, with no limit to the number of parts (but lets keep things realistic here ). I will also be using the rule that if 75% of the cluster is out, all of it is out.
    - There are no really restrictions on how your stats are posted, but please try and keep them nice and detailed :-)
    - Basic FRA rules apply, so let€™s keep things realistic, people!

Tournament Structure
    This will be following a mixture of series 4 heats and series 5 semi finals.
    HEATS * 12
    - ROUND 1 - The Return of 3-way melees - 1 seed in each
    - ROUND 2 - The winners of the melees, the seeds not fighting each other at this point. 2* Head to Head
    - ROUND 3 (HEAT FINAL) - Head to Head with the winners of the round 2 fights.

SEMI-FINALS * 2
    - ROUND 4 - 3* Head to Head fights with winners of odd-numbered heats
    - ROUND 5 - 1* Loser€™s melee, between the 3 losing robots in round 4
    - ROUND 6 - 2* Head to Head fights, with winner of loser€™s melee not fighting whoever beat it in round 4

GRAND FINAL
    - ROUND 7 - 2* Head to Head fights between the 4 Semi-final winners
    - ROUND 8 - Third Place Playoff, between the two losers from round 7.
    - ROUND 9 - The Final

The Arena
    Unlike FAR 8 which had 3 arenas, there is only 1 arena for this tournament, which is the Norman Sheppard Tribute Tournament arena. The link for it is here:
    http://www.geocities.com/mrdave1986/arena.html
    http://www.geocities.com/mrdave1986/arena.html

Judging
    For each of the 5 areas, a total of 15 marks are available. 15 marks will be spilt between the robots. The total will be out of 75.
    The 5 areas are:
    Aggression - Were you on the attack
    Control - Were you well controlled?
    Damage Caused - How much damage did you cause?
    Strategy - Did you keep to your strategy?
    Style - How stylist was your fighting in the eyes of the judges.

In case of a draw in one of the melees, I will ask an outside judge to judge the battle.

Link to Stats
    If you wish to link your stats from another page, please Provide a link or tell me where the stats are (e.g. in VFT 6), as this will save confusion later.

Reserving Entries
    You may wish to reserve entries, but if there is a 13th person with entries all ready in and you have not posted your entries, that 13th person will kick you out.

Get Cracking :-)

Ill gladly enter again, Mr S ...and yes, he DOES have permission to use that title

TEAM BRAVEHEART
    1) Wedge Devolution
    2) SD IV
    3) Whirligig 4.0
    4) Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    5) Tails
    6) Chaos 2 (Extreme 2 version)

All stats can be found here: http://thdcrobotics.proboards33.com/index.cgi?board=Bravehearthttp://thdcrobotics.proboards33.com/...ard=Braveheart and I sincerely look forward to having my crown snatched from me this season

Save two places for myself and Mr Roper. Well get back to you if we choose to enter

Im in.

Is it alright if Tom and I enter as a joint team? Ill be entering 3 of my bots and hell enter 3 of his bots. but we are under a joint venture team. IE: Team Aussie.

Just right now, neither of us have our new 6 robots complete, only 3-4 each. Website to be up when they are all completed or publically announced.

Register To Comment