Register To Comment
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fowler Fic War Series 3

N.B - Please check that all of your robots will fit into these rules before entering. If you don€™t then I will kick them out and if they are not replaced then real robots will take their place.

Welcome to the Fowler Fic War Series 3! I said that I€™d start sign-ups for the next war almost immediately and so here they are. This war will be very similar to the last one, but will have a few subtle changes, all to make the war more exciting and accessible than the last 2 series.

For those who didn€™t enter, or entered and didn€™t read the first, this is your chance to enter and/or to catch up on what happened in the first war. I will state the revolutionary new rules for the new series in a minute, but firstly let me show you the seedings, presuming that all robots below are entered, which I know for a fact they won€™t be!

Seedings:

Due to the new and extremely bizarre format being used for seedings this year, there will be absolutely no point in trying to predict the seedings as it will be a waste of time. What I will see is that Achilles will definitely have the number 1 seeding, but apart from that, no places are guaranteed.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

I€™m looking for 16 people to enter 8 robots each, all of which must fit inside these barriers

Max Weight- 100kg for normal robots
    150kg for true walkers
    125kg for shufflers or robots that run off movements such as Alex€™s screws
    110kg for tracks

WEAPONRY RESTRICTIONS

No flame throwers, heat exuding weapons, missiles, explosive, magnets or water based weaponry

Discs- To work out the speed that your spinner must be, as not to self-destruct, you must use the following formulae. The formula is 5000-(Weight of weapon in kg x 100) = Max RPM of weapon. Therefore, for example, a 30kg disc would be 5000-(30x100) = 2000. So a 30kg weapon may not spin faster than 2000rpm

Axes/ Crushers- These must not have a force of more than 12 tonnes at the tip. (5 more than before)

Flippers- There is no specific restrictions on flippers, but if I believe that the flippers may not be able to take the force of the flips, then I will ask how you suggest that the flippers are modified to cope with this extra force.

Static weapons/ Weaponless robots- These are allowed, but please limit these to 1 robot per squad.

ROBOTIC TYPES AND REGULATIONS

Flying robots- Banned, don€™t argue. Just banned.

Clusterbots- These are allowed, but they must have no more than 5 parts. Also make sure you build them within the weight limit or they will be kicked out without hesitation.

THE REVOLUTIONARY PART OF THE TOURNAMENT!

The thing that makes this tournament so special is that, apart from the battles themselves, the entire tournament is based entirely on randomization.

First of all to be randomized is the draw. Once again, every entrant will have a number drawn for them, but this time, as opposed to it being in a patterned system, the draw will be done, much like the draws for the football. I will put the number of every robot into a drawing pot and then draw them at random into 16 heats of 8.

Next to be randomized is the style of the heat. Presuming I get 128 machines, there will be 16 heats, with 4 different formats used, each being used 4 times. The semi-finals will use the same annihilator format as in Series 2, and the final will be in the regular format.

The formats are as follows:

Format 1. Series 2 style heat with gauntlet, trial and then battles. N.B. 2 robots will be eliminated from the gauntlet and the trial. N.N.B. The trials this year will be Sumo, Speedway, Football and an entirely new one that I€™ve invented called Turntable.

Format 2. Series 5 style heat with 7 straight battles

Format 3. Series 7 style heat with two melees before 3 straight battles.

Format 4. My personal favourite, mainly because I invented it. The 5-minute massacre. All robots will stay in the arena for 5 minutes, seeing how many of the others they can eliminate inside 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, cease is called and however many robots are gone must leave and the whole process starts again. When 1 robot is left they go through to the series semis. The only difference this time is that if no machines are eliminated after 5 minutes, we will instead extend the time by 30 seconds until a machine is kicked out.

Next, we meet€¦

THE ARENAS.

Before we meet the arenas, I€™ll tell you how the heats will work in relation to the heats.

Format 1- The gauntlet and trial will be played in their normal arena and the battles will take place in separate ones

Format 2- the arena used will be changed after every round as opposed to every battle this year.

Format 3- a different arena will be used for each battle.

Format 4- the whole heat will take place in one arena. If the arena is one with house robots in then they will be taken out until only 4 robots are left.

There are 6 arenas and here they are!

Arena 1- Classic Arena- This is the exact arena from Series 6, 6 not 7, 6. This means that you can still get stuck underneath the buttons etc. It also means that the spinner is still there, however this will be going for the whole fight as the button gets in the way of good action. Fights here will be of varying lengths as the machines themselves control the arnea.

Arena 2- The plinth- If you imagine that the platform that used to be used for Sumo Basho was greatly enlarged by about 6 times, then you€™ve got the idea. There are no house robots and no features whatsoever. Fights here will be short as it€™ll be a case of whoever can push their opponent out first

Arena 3- The Butcher€™s- A large square box. This time the main features, are the spiked rails around the side onto which you can put a robot, but not flip out the arena, and 4 holes in the roof, from which come up and down, in a set pattern, 4x 200kg blocks made of solid steel, with a hardox tipped point at the end of them, which will fall on you with enough force to crush a Land Rover. As well as this there are 4 CPZ€™s, each occupied by one of our resident house robots. The spiked strips are back and are about a metre wide. They€™ve been designed to be almost impossible to escape from unless you can flip yourself off or maybe if you€™re an axlebot. Fights here tend to last quite a while as unless flippers are involved, it€™s difficult to dispose of your opponent.

Arena 4 - With the helix having been dropped we introduces another one, the secondary classic arena. This is a new arena from the sense that is has never been used before however all obstacles have been seen somewhere else. In the center of the arena lies a bay of 3 killsaws. The edges are a 50cm wall, designed for only the best flippers to get robots out. Instead of CPZ€™s, we have the old PPZ with 3 robots occupying the space. In 2 of the corners we have grills, designed to trap robots and stop them getting away. In another one, we have a pit that will be released 2/3 the way through the fight and finally a raising bank of spikes like the ones at Battlebots. These fights tend to be reasonably short as there are several ways to dispose of your opponent.

Arena 5- Yet another new arena has come to grace our computers. The Traps. This arena is a large square with steep ramps going at 50 degrees, and each slope is about 1m high. The arena has 10 trap door pits, supported by electromagnets. Every 30 seconds one of the traps is released at random, meaning that if you€™re on top of one after 30 seconds then you may go flying down it. Fights here are long unless there are overkill spinners capable of immobilization

Arena 6- Le Rip Off (Apologies to Frank, but I was getting desperate) - A box with absolutely no features whatsoever. The only 2 ways of disposing of robots, is either to wait until they break down, or to push them out of the one-way door in the arena. OK, so there was one feature, but still. Fights here are long as the electromagnets require a force of at least 15BHp to break it open.

Next, are the house robots.

Father of Rotatovator- My most dangerous robot has been made into the most dangerous of the house robots. This 347kg robot has updated its weapon to 80kg at 2500rpm means that he can tear through a car without a problem. This version is still legged but thanks to the new powerful motors can move at up to 9mph

Pearcer- Our tribute to the best football and worst Robot Wars commentator of all time. Weighing 125kg and armed with 2 splinter style side arms and a large pneumatic drill hops to cut with as much venom as Jonno€™s tongue

Buzz Flight-Gear- Weighing in at 140kg this robot is a large quick wedge shape and out of the wedge comes a mini but deadly killsaw capable of sawing dreams quicker than Simon Cowell€™s voice. It also has the power and speed of Storm 2 and will smack all robots into submission.

Dynamite Tee-Hee!- What would house robots be without one that has a flamethrower. This flamethrower is like a lance and can pick robots up before grilling them to a cinder. It also has a rear axe which hits with the force of Dominator 2

Ringlets- Not the Daddy, but possibly the most dangerous of the house robots, Ringlets is a horizontal spinner and a full body spinner in 1. A cylinder divided into 3 with 2 spinning rings around the outside sections and a large 35kg spinning disc in the center, means that anyone coming near this will feels over 170kg of pain.

Smack the Flipper- A combined flipper and Hammer, 223kg Smack, has a large Terrorhurtz style axe with about double the power and a front flipper with the force of Chaos 2.

And finally€¦.our referee

Donald Tr-Umpire

Weighing in at 130kg this is the first referee with a genuine weapon. As well as having the normal counter etc and fire extinguisher, this referee is armoured with a Srimech and a large cutting claw for those robots that decide to take him on.

But wait! There€™s a new one!

The Evil Disemboweller- This robot is a large double wedge with a large vertical disc at the top. The disc is too high to hit anything below about 50cm high though, so on the front are 2x 50cm long lifting forks. These have been designed to use screws spinning through the top of them to drag robots further on. This will enable him to lift them up into the disc and therefore into a large amount of destruction as the disc has about 200Kj worth of energy.

The final thing, which you have to have read the stats to be able to do, is to enter your stats into this format. Those inputs marked with a (1) require only to be put in with the first robots stats. Those marked with an asterisk are not necessary, but may help your cause. All other categories must be filled in

Your Name(1)-
    Other team members(1)-
    Team Name(1)-
    Robot Name-
    Weight-
    Shape-
    Colour*-
    Speed-
    Locomotion-
    Armour-
    Power-
    Weaponry-
    Srimech*-
    Robot most compared to*-
    Robot most feared*-
    House robot most feared*(Mine)-
    Preferred Heat Format*-
    Preferred Arena*-
    Strengths*-
    Weaknesses*-
    Notes*-
    Extras*-

I€™m sorry for making something so long for you to read, but I felt it was necessary.

GET ENTERING! Any queries just ask me! If you feel any of the regulations are unfair, or in the case of weaponry you feel that one of your robots that doesn€™t fit in should be allowed in then tell me.

Matty F
    http://www.hakascorner.co.uk
    http://www.hakascorner.co.uk

Ill enter. Ill give you two stats now so you KNOW Ill come through, and Ill be using 4 real bots.

And can anyone not posting their stats here please provide a DIRECT link to the post/forum/cow on which their stats are written? Its bloody annoying sifting for ages to find what Im fighting!

Name: Ze Newie
    Motivation: Wheeled (x 4, 120mm diameter)
    Speed: 16.02 KM/H (10.01 MPH)
    Weight: 96.93kg maximum.
    Height: 250mm down to 156mm.
    Length: 956mm
    Width: 790mm
    Ground Clearance: 12mm at sides and rear, ~0 at front with the shovel.
    Weapon: The €œweapon€ so to speak is a pneumatic Biohazard-style arm. It€™s powered by two 100mm bore, 140mm stroke rams at 150psi, giving enough force to throw other bots over with ease. However, its purpose is more to self-right the robot than anything (35 flips, mainly conserved for that purpose), as the main weapon is in the indestructible nature of the robot and the power of the drivetrain.
    Drive: The drive is a pair of Perm PMG-132 motors at 36V (or 48V if the competition allows, kicking the speed up about 5-odd KM/H and increasing the torque likewise). They€™re geared down 4:1 onto a pair of 150mm hardox-hubbed wheels with Vulcanised rubber tires, and in the same gap chain-driven to the front pair of identical wheels (no geardown, of course). The torque & ramming power this thing has is incredible, especially with the traction.
    Batteries: 6 x 24V 3Amp Battlepacks, giving 36V 12Ah. Another two can easily be added to give 48V 12Ah if the rules apply. All are shock-mounted to the chassis.
    Chassis/Armour: The chassis acts as the armour in places; its solid (drilled) 30mm x 30mm Titanium/Vanadium Grade 5 alloy bars with holes drilled to keep weight down.
    The armour varies in places; the wheel guards are 15mm Titanium/Vanadium alloy, the main body plates either side of the €˜weapon€™ are 20mm Ti/V and the back plate is 17.5mm Ti/V. The shovel, which almost acts as the front armour, is 20mm Hardox with the 15mm Ti/V front plates behind it.
    Electronics: Runs a RoboWars.org BMC speed controller with Hitec Focus SS-3 75mhz PCM 3ch Radio and a 3-axis computer Gyro for maxium control and handling. Uses 150amp rated Anderson power pole connectors and locking pins. Electronics are shock mounted and mounting in a floating style encased in HD (High Density) foam.
    Notes: The arm provides enough kinetic energy to overcome the inertia of the robot and flip it back over with ease and in a controlled fashion. The robot€™s driving ease cannot be overstated; half of the purpose the robot serves is to prove that ease of driving can outdo the most powerful, but uncontrollable, weapon. It corners like a dream on skid-steering and has brute force enough to outdo the pushiest of pushbots.

The other half of the purpose is to attempt to create an €˜immovable object€™ to match all the €˜irresistable forces€™ people are aiming at. Try breaking this one down; its impossible.

Weight:

Weapon arm = 3.67kg
    Pneumatics system = 13.64kg
    Wheels = 3.21kg
    Gearboxes = 2.10kg
    Batteries = 7.38kg
    Armouring = 34.78kg
    Weapon mounting and weapon drive components = 3.4kg
    Electronics = 1.2kg
    Drive motors = 22.55kg
    NutsnBolts + Other pieces = 5kg max. Probably about 2.3.

Maximum weight: 96.93kg (allowing room for extra battery packs)

Name: Automatic Schmuck
    Motivation: Wheeled (x 4, 120mm diameter main, 30mm €˜castor€™ front wheels)
    Speed: 24.16KM/H (15.10 MPH)
    Weight: 98.42kg
    Height: 130mm at peak; variable from 28mm upwards.
    Length: 870mm
    Width: 743mm
    Ground Clearance: 0 at sides w/ skirting, 0 at rear with €˜hinged€™ wedge, 0 at front with wedge; 12mm at the point nearest the back wheels otherwise, down to 5mm at the front wheels.
    Weapon: 17.14kg kinetic-energy bar. 13.10kg, 111.2cm long bar, 2 2.02kg hardox weights (one at each end). It€™s powered by a C40-300 on a separate power supply at 24V, which when geared down 2.4:1 gives me a safe 1700RPM (spin-up = less than 0.5 seconds), and a heck of a lot of KE to transfer at the tips. The weapon system is held securely in place on steel box-section supports parallel to the wedged top of the robot, minimizing shock output to the rest of the robot.
    Drive: 4 S28-300 3€ MagMotors, 2 on each rear wheel, on 24V. This gives me easily 10HP and a lot fo torque despite the healthy speed.
    Batteries: 2 x 24V 3Ah Battlepacks (drive), 2 x 12V 3Ah Battlepacks (weapon). They are all shock-mounted, and slot together due to the unique curving on the outside of Battlepacks, allowing secure holding.
    Chassis/Armour:
    Chassis: 30 x 30 x 4mm Ti/V box section.
    Armour: 13mm Ti/V all round. The skirting is 9mm Hardox plating, as they are all very small, and the two wedges are made from 6mm Hardox plating.
    Electronics: Runs a RoboWars.org BMC speed controller with Hitec Focus SS-3 75mhz PCM 3ch Radio and a 3-axis computer Gyro for maxium control and handling. Uses 150amp rated Anderson power pole connectors and locking pins. Electronics are shock mounted and mounting in a floating style encased in HD (High Density) foam.
    Notes: Spinning upside down, paired with the wedged style of the bot, allows a very quick & easy form of self-righting. Designed to knock the shit through some more superbots, for old times€™ sake.

Weight:

Weapon arm = 17.14kg
    Wheels = 2.21kg
    Gearboxes = 4.20kg
    Batteries = 7.38kg
    Armouring = 29.86kg
    Weapon mounting and weapon drive components = 9.14kg
    Weapon motor = 5.04kg
    Electronics = 1.2kg
    Drive motors & mounts= 12.25kg
    NutsnBolts + Other pieces = 10kg max. Probably about 6.4.

Maximum weight: 98.42kg

Pic of both on profile; the other two vapours are Tojo & Pistola (pic not up yet.)

My four real bots shall be Barberous II, Typhoon, Dantomkia & Gravity.

TEAM BRAVEHEART
    1) Wedge Devolution
    2) Killotine: EVO
    3) SD IV
    4) Whirligig 4.0
    5) Clawdius Decimus Murderous
    6) Revenge of the Revenge of the Bludgeonator!
    7) Chameleon
    The Doomsday Project

If for any reason some of these bots are not permitted, then you can use Tails and Toby as standbys
    All the info youll need can be found here:
    http://thdcrobotics.proboards33.com/index.cgi?board=Bravehearthttp://thdcrobotics.proboards33.com/...ard=Braveheart

Best o luck once again, Mr Fowler

Hows this?

Team: Andrew Jackson (Driver), Lewis Walford (Weapons)
    Team Name: Team Code_14
    Robots:

Son of Ripper 4.0

Stats: http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=AJ&action=display&num=1087079013
    http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/...lay&num=108707 9013

The spinner runs at 2500rpm [5000-(6x100)=4400rpm]

Robot most compared to: Colossus 2 (I think it was called)
    Robot most feared: Flippers with a huge gas capacity
    House robot most feared: Smack The Flipper
    Preferred Heat Format: Format 3
    Preferred Arena: Arena 1 (Classic)

ForcePower Turbo

Stats: http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=AJ&action=display&num=1087079562http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/...lay&num=108707 9562

Complete with a small chain flail in the wedge spinning at 4500rpm [5000-(1x100)=4900rpm]

Robot most compared to: Storm II, Tornado and Tanto rolled into one
    Robot most feared: Flippers and more powerful rammers
    House robot most feared: Father or Rotatovator
    Preferred Heat Format: Format 1
    Preferred Arena: Arena 2 (The Plinth)

GeForce

Stats: http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=AJ&action=display&num=1087080917http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/...lay&num=108708 0917

Robot most compared to: Gravity
    Robot most feared: Spinners and rammers
    House robot most feared: Buzz Flight Gear
    Preferred Arena: Arena 1 (Classic)

Wedga Revo

Stats: http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=AJ&action=display&num=1087079936http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/...lay&num=108707 9936

Robot most compared to: SpinVerter Version BETA :P
    Robot most feared: Low to the ground spinners e.g. SD IV
    House robot most feared: Father of Rotatovator

WX 6.0

Stats: http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=AJ&action=display&num=1093003885http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/...lay&num=109300 3885

The little drum runs at 4500rpm [5000-(2.5x100)=4750rpm]

Robot most compared to: Tornado without the Superbotness
    Robot most feared: Something with a weapon I haven€™t got a set-up for
    House robot most feared: The Evil Disemboweller
    Preferred Arena: Arena 4 (Classic 2)

The Nose

(The Nose at the bottom of the page)

Stats: http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=AJ&action=display&num=1087080379http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/...lay&num=108708 0379

Robot most compared to: BioHazard
    Robot most feared: Flippers

Ymir

Stats: http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=AJ&action=display&num=1087080678http://mattyhakaman.proboards15.com/...lay&num=108708 0678

Robot most compared to: One of the BattleBots thwackbot things :P
    Robot most feared: Spinners
    House robot most feared: The Evil Disemboweller
    Preferred Arena: Arena 6 (Le Rip Off)

GigaByte

Stats: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/discus/messages/760/3454.html?1099233382http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/disc...4.html?1099233 382

Robot most compared to: Tough as Nails
    Robot most feared: Bulldog Breeds

If I start with the stats for my major robots, could you please mention anything I may need to add. Please note that I am not really that good with robot stats, prefering the basics and that the person doing the tourny has seen Robot Wars.

ORKA MK4
    Weight: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Behemoth
    Speed: Some 15mph
    TC: 0
    GC: 2mm, 0mm at front.
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 6mm steel
    Power; 3x 12v batteries
    Colour; Black with white patches
    Weapons; A Behemoth like bucket scoop, made from titanium, and quite capable of lifting 300 kilos. It has a claw like device to grab an oppodent, like the claw on Mantis. The scoop is electrically powered, so it cannot run out of gas.
    Srimech: It has a dorsal fin on top used for self-righting
    Inspiration; Ive always liked Orcas. Adding the K made it sound more dangerous.
    Strengths; Weapon
    Weaknessess: Hard to turn.

DIE-CERATOPS INVERTUS
    Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape: An invertable box.
    Speed; 15mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 0 due to skirts, 2mm underneath, 0mm at front.
    Wheels; 4 inner, sticking out only slightly
    Armour; 8mm titanium, with skirts
    Power; 3x 12v batteries
    Colour; Green, with Killer Carrot style wrinkles, mouth and eyes.
    Weapons: An invertable flipper attached to a moverable nose cone (like that of Ming 2). The flipper fires like St Agro and lifts 200 kilos. With persistance, heavier weights can be toppled.
    Srimech; As the name suggests, the robot runs inverted. Bars prevent side or back strandings. Because of its nose cone, the weapon can work upside down.
    Inspiration; Ive always liked Dinosaurs. This is a pun of Triceratops. The Invertus part is pretty obvious.
    Strengths; The ability to work upside down and still be able to use its weapon.
    Weaknessess: Hard to control

LEPROSY INFECTION
    Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape; Tetanus Booster
    Speed; 18mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 2mm
    Wheels; 4 inner, top sticking out. Wheel flaps are situated either side of the wheel to protect them.
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries
    Colour; A disgusting shade of lime green.
    Weapons; A very large, very dangerous vertical drum, capable of reaching speeds of 4000rpm. The teeth on the drum are curved upwards so they can flip as well as damage and very sharp at the tip. There is a reason for this...
    Srimech; The robot is invertable. Bars along the side and back prevent stranding. The wheel flaps, both on top and bottom, are set so the robot can still run inverted without getting stranded. Once upside down, the teeth of the drum gouge out robot parts.
    Inspiration; Named after the disease which causes the skin to flake and fingers and toes to drop off...namely because the robot does something similar. The basic idea came from an episode of The Simpsons.
    Strengths; Drum, control is pretty good
    Weaknessess; Wheels may be vulnerable to axes.

CYCLONE FORCE 2
    Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape; Storm 2
    Speed; 25mph
    TC; 0
    GC; Side is 0mm due to skirts. Back is 2mm. See set-ups for front GC
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 9mm polycarbonate.
    Power; Similar stuff to what Storm 2 uses.
    Colour; A blue-ish grey tone all over.
    Weapons; The robot has 3 set-ups...

SET UP 1...A lifter device, similar to Storm 2. In theory, it can lift 190 kilos. The front makes a wedge and results in a 0mm GC. However, the wedge is useless upside down.
    SET-UP 2...A pair of Kan Opener style claws, with about 4 tonnes of pressure at the tip. Front GC for this and Set-up 3 is 1mm.
    SET-UP 3...A Disc-O-Inferno style disc, reaching speeds of up to 3000rpm and with similar damage capability to this dangerous bot (I mean, look what it did to Panic Attack).

Srimech; The robot runs inverted, the sides are protected by the skirts and back stranding is impossible. Set-ups 2 and 3 work upside down.
    Inspiration; The original Cyclone was named because it is the name of a storm and it sounds threatening. The force came later, after it became a pusher.
    Strengths;Raw power
    Weaknessess;Lack of control, Set-up 1 does not work upside-down.

Ill enter more robots as I think of them. Please tell me if you need anything, if anything it would make my robot(s) more realistic and reliable.

Register To Comment