Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Powering up weapons

i agree alot safer

David

Not having attended many events I cant say that weve ever noticed this problem. Although weve never had any problems with firing whilst arming and also Weird Alice may not be rated by many people as one of the most powerful flippers, but being that it is full bottle pressure and when it does work properly it scares the hell out of me, we always have and always will arm it in up position. Ultimately each team must take responsibilty for there own safety.

Regards

Ian
    Team Weird Alice
    http://www.weirdalice.co.ukwww.weirdalice.co.uk

team_ireland
    A valid point david and perhaps the activation order should be looked at.

IIRC (cant find it on the new site):
    Tx on.
    Rx on.
    Remove locking pins (unless weapon is locked in fired position in which case this is done last).
    Link in.

Now to me that seems wrong. I thought the whole idea of a locking pin was to provent the thing from moving if it accidentally fires. But if they are out before the link goes in then surely there no use.

Have I got teh order wrong or have i miss interprited the use of locking pins?

Regards
    Ian

For some RC setups the Rx has to go one first. I dont think we can set a fixed order. But maybe as part of the tech-check the roboteer who activates the robot should demonstrate the order. The weapon doesnt have to be in the fired posistion, but as long as it cant move if activated. The locking/holding device shouldnt be removed until the robot is fully powered up and in a stable state.

We need to turn on the Rx first as well so that when the Tx is turned on it sends the failsafe info quickly, then when the link is placed the weapon usually activates for a split second (dont know why) but for us thats not a problem.

Ive seen this happen a few times as well David and people need to be more careful. For flippers that power both ways I certainly would not like to put my hand in and remove the locking bar, much safer using electric but Im not too clued up on the gas rules.

We arm Mute as follows
    RX
    Wait for fail safes to transmit
    TX
    Gas On
    Link in
    Remove locking pins (Mute front flipper is locked in fire postion)
    When door is locked plug in buddy box

This weekend a lot of bots seemed to be have trouble with interference, but with no way of telling what frequences are on we will never know what was going on

Register To Comment