Register To Comment
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Bands/Gigs

Carnt beat abit of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy page was a genious, There are better guitarists around today such as Joe satriani or buckethead though
    Im also a fan of Nirvana, Perljam, Alice in chains, Gunsnroses and some newer stuff such as abit of slipknot- corey taylors got a cool voice. Anyone here planning on going to the next download?

I might go to Download if AC/DC are headlining it as has been rumoured, but its still to be anounced I think, so Ill wait till I find out.

Theres better than Buckethead and Satch, though the latter is brilliant. Vai, Malmsteen and especially Fripp are all as good as, if not better in places, than Satch.

Gotta give him credit for teaching Vai, Johnson and Hammett though.

Hallucinogen is tops. I just enjoy listening to it, makes me just zone out and relax.

Havent had chance to post before now but have to tell you all about the Coldplayand Foo Fighters gigs b4 Christmas.

Took my Wife to Coldplay and got seat tickets as see is expecting and didnt fancy standing for 3 hours. As i got my tickets online 2 mins after they went on sale so we were looking right down on the stage.
    Richard Ashcroft was supporting and was pretty good.
    Coldplay were fantastic!!!
    3 songs in they did Yellow and they released these huge yellow inflatable balls filled with glitter from the back of the arena. Was a real good effect. They finished with Fix You which was great. The stage and lighting was the best id seen. 8 1/2 /10

4 days later back to Earls Court for Foo Fighters.
    I could not wait to see these cause they were the first proper band i went to see 11 years ago on their first tour.

This time i went with a mate and we had standing tickets. We got really close to the front and was pleasently surprised to see Super grass come on stage as the support act. The sound was good and the singing spot on.

Half hour later it was show time!!
    They had brought down what i would describe as a light curtain around the stage. The lights dropped and from behind the curtain came guitar struming. The light curtain lit up with white lights and the curtain rose. Dave Grohl was silohetted by bright white back lighting and seeming to keep strumming from ages! What and opening. They went from hit to hit, old and new. Dave Grohl was the complete showman chatting and teasing the crowd, having guitar duels only for both guitarists to be outdone by Tyler the drummer! After turning away from the crowd to sing a love song to Tyler Dave went on the drums and Tyler sung a song. The place went wild.
    10/10!!! Probably the best gig ever!

The only down side was that the music was so loud that my ears rung for 3 days.:sad: Think i probably did some damage.

Anyway im gonna shut now. I could keep on going but i cant be asked to keep typing.

Register To Comment