Register To Comment
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NSBFL 7

Yes, so the last one only just finished, but hey, I might need a while to get entries. So offfff weeee gooooo

NSBFL rules and regulations

Please read these rules thoroughly before entering.

Entering

I need 16 people to enter up to 4 heavyweight machines, and one feather, light, and middleweight. Vapourbots are preferred, but you can enter real robots according to the following guidelines:

1)Either the real robot must not have been seen in the televised rounds of a robotic combat event, or it has been on telly but not progressing beyond round 1.
    2)Before entering it, make sure you have enough data for me to write a realistic fight with it. I need details on shape, weapon, armour and drive as the bare minimum. Find a web-page if possible.
    3)Unseen upgrades of seen robots are only allowed if they are very different from the seen version. So no-one is to enter Gravity 4, OK? :P
    4)If you want to enter a real robot, but none spring to mind, I have prepared a list of machines you can choose from. Just ask me and I€™ll list them with brief summaries.
    5)If a real robot does well, I€™m afraid you don€™t get any credit. That goes to the team actually building the machine.
    6)Robots under construction, but not finished, such as Hell Machine, count as vapourbots.
    7)If I don€™t get enough entries, then I will pad out the ranks with real robots or past entries from retired vapour €˜boteers.

For those who don€™t know, featherweights can be up to 12 KG€™s, Lightweights are 25 KG€™s and middleweights are 50 KG€™s.

Reserving places

This is allowed if your name isn€™t Andy Jackson, Scott Anderson, Nick Shuch or Tom Roper. If you ARE one of those individuals and want to enter, then get all your stats in ASAP as I won€™t hold spaces open for you.

Robot and weapon rules

Minimum entry details

Name: Obvious
    Shape: Also obvious. If it€™s an odd shape, please provide a picture.
    Mobility: State what moves the robot, and how many of them there are. You don€™t need to tell me what powers them, but obviously the more info you give me the better feel I€™ll have for your robot.
    Weapon: Even if you have a passive wedge, it counts as a weapon. Give me at least a rough idea of the power.
    Armour: If you miss this out I will assume your machine has no armour. Please state armour type and thickness€¦ And I mean EXACT thickness. Saying €œThick Titanium€ will get you a €œThick Ear€.
    Turning circle: Obviously I need to know how manoeuvrable your machine is.
    Ground clearance: Again, I need to know if your machine can be gotten under. If you have skirts, state it or I will assume there aren€™t any. Also state how many there are, or I will assume you have two side skirts and no others.

Also, please try to keep your descriptions as brief as possible while still giving me enough info to work with. Reading through an essay of stats whenever I need to find something out *looks at Dave S* can really destroy the creative process. Due to this reason, it would help no end if you could summarise your robot with strengths and weaknesses. However, if you€™re going to put silly things in this section, leave it out. Thanks.

Spinning weapons

Please either provide a KJ or HP count, or a rough idea of how much damage it can do. Rough ideas will be accepted as long as they are reasonable. €œIt can do quite a lot of damage, but may struggle against tough armour€ is reasonable. €œIt€™s ten times more powerful than SuperNova€ isn€™t, and I will ask you to back said claim up.

If you want to calculate the KJ count but don€™t know how, use this link:

http://www.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtml
    http://www.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtml

Also, please note that if you produce a spinner doing 100 or more KJ€™s per strike, I will want to know about any systems you may have to prevent the machine dying from its own hits.

Passive weapons

These are allowed, but do remember they€™ll lose you points for €œdamage€, and there€™s always the chance of getting the Last €˜Bot Standing arena. You use these at your own risk

Interchangeable weapons

No more than five weapon set ups. If you have more, state beforehand which ones you intend to use. Please note, if you have, for example, two spinning disks, one horizontal, one vertical, they still count as two set-ups.

Variety

If I feel too many machines with a certain weapon type have been entered, I will refuse entry of any more. Everyone seems to have a well rounded team of vapours, so this shouldn€™t be a problem

Note. I count horizontal and vertical spinners as different as they have different effects on the opponent.

Walkers, shufflers and tracked machines

I believe I am one of the pioneers of the 150 KG walker limit, and it€™s a limit I intend to stick to. Shufflers and tracked machines both get a 10% weight bonus.

Please note, I think the SAWD and Anarchy systems count as shuffling.

Other movement types

Some robots, such as Alex Holt€™s Blizzard, and Aaron Knight€™s Gyroforce have unique movement types. If one is entered, I will use my discretion to work out if it will be allowed a weight bonus. Please note I will be making my decision based on how heavy I believe the movement system to be.

Flying machines

If at any point they fly over the open pit, moat, or over the arena walls, they are counted as out.

Cluster €˜bots

The rules for cluster €˜bots are as follows:

1)100% of a cluster €˜bot must be stopped to immobilise it, but dead parts count heavily against a cluster €˜bot in damage stakes.
    2)No more than three parts are allowed.
    3)No part of a cluster €˜bot is allowed to have a mass of less than 10% of the overall weight. *Looks at Alex and Ramthrax*
    4)In your stats, you must provide details of the linking system.
    5)The cluster €˜bot must be able to re-link after unlinking. *Looks at Typhoon Twins*

Electromagnets

These are not allowed for use in weapons. Nor are you allowed to use any other kind of electricity in your weapon, aside from what€™s powering your spinning disk, axe or whatever.

Misc rules

BIIBI

BIIBI stands for €œBuild it, I€™ll believe it€. If your machine is labelled with this, feel free to ask me why. Normally it will go to machines with weapons I think are too powerful, or may be overweight.

If you do have a machine labelled BIIBI, you have one of three options:

1)Convince me of why I€™m wrong. Technical answers only please. Just saying €œYou€™re wrong, you suck€ is the fast way of getting ignored. Please note this is by no means impossible. For example, Aaron did a good job of convincing me MDU 3 can probably survive its own hits.
    2)Change the problem area of your machine
    3)Withdraw it and replace it with something else.

If something is still BIIBI€™d when the draw goes up, it will be replaced with a real robot of my choosing.

Judges decisions

Decisions will be based on control, aggression and damage. For each category, 5 points are divided between the two machines with no decimals. Because of this, ties will be impossible. If two machines are deemed immobilised at the same time, they will be patched up as much as possible and then sent to fight again.

Tactics

Most people like to enter tactics, but this is not compulsory. If you don€™t enter tactics, I will assume you are competent and you may still win if the fight goes that way.

Complaints

I€™m only human, and make mistakes. If you feel your robot was unfairly beaten, please tell me in a reasonable tone of voice, NOT shouting the odds. Those who shout or act in an inappropriate manner will be ignored.

When I receive a complaint, I will review the fight with the complaint in mind. If I€™m satisfied that I did make a mistake then you will receive an apology and an offer of a re-write.

Arenas

As with the previous two series, there are random arenas just to keep everyone on their toes. However, this time around arenas will be announced before the fight as it€™ll make tactics easier. The arenas are as follows:

Classic:

Like the series 4 arena. All 4 house machines are present, as well as a pit and floor flipper. The pit descends after three minutes have passed, or when an expired competitor is being disposed of.

Moat:

No house robots in this arena, but no walls! Fights in this arena tend to be short. To win, either destroy your opponent in the usual manner or shove them into the moat.

Unimmediate peril:

This is like the Classic arena, but with one difference. There are no house robots until two minutes have passed. After that time, one randomly chosen house robot enters, and has no restrictions.

Last €˜bot standing:

People with non-damaging weapons hate this arena. The only way to win is to immobilise your opponent. There is no possibility of OOTA-ing, and there are no house robots or traps of any kind. Because of this, fights in this arena tend to be very long, and one match was decided by who had the more batteries.

Roulette

A circular arena, with a PPZ like in series 1 and 2 of the real wars, in which roam all the house machines. There are also six pits in this arena, arranged in a circular fashion. When a robot goes over one, it activates a sensor, and one of the six pits will open, so you have a one in six chance of going bye-byes if you go over a pit. These open trap-door fashion, so if you are caught there€™s no appeal. It is possible to OOTA machines here.

The house machines

Bane

Shape: Shaped like a hand and wrist.
    Weapon: The fingers are crushers running at 3000 PSI.
    Armour: 5 mm hardox mostly, but the back of the wrist is a 3 CM hardox counterweight to stop it overbalancing thanks to all the hydraulics in the front.
    Strengths: Unflippable thanks to huge weight, very punishing weapon.
    Weaknesses: Very very slow.

The Militant

Shape: Like T-Bone from series 5
    Weapons: Two side flame throwers and a 15 KG horizontal disc where the spike used to be.
    Armour: 6 mm steel.
    Strengths: Painful flywheel.
    Weaknesses: Maximum Velocity.

Uncle Tomahawk

Shape: Like FrenZy.
    Weapon: Terrorhurtz style axe, but has two blades like + allowing it to also cause damage by spinning on the spot.
    Armour: 5 mm grade 5 Ti.
    Strengths: Good axe, quite nippy.
    Weaknesses: Axe can run out of gas, may sometimes be too powerful for its own good.

Flipup

Shape: Think Gravity, with Behemoth€™s scoop on the back. However, the scoop part is the front.
    Weapons: Front electric scoop, rear pneumatic flipper with Gravity style power. Was thought up before I€™d even heard of Gravity, so be quiet :P
    Armour: 4 mm hardox.
    Strengths: Very good weapons, also fairly quick.
    Weaknesses: Can flip itself over if it misses.

The seeds

Assuming all these robots are entered, the seeds will be:

1)Achilles
    2)Maximum Velocity
    3)Wedge Whatever
    4)Dervish Something
    5)Parasite
    6)The Deer/Crusher Chaos
    7)Sheer Hell
    SegV2 or whatever
    9)Monsoon - won the new blood
    10)Hell Machine - previous champ, always done fairly well
    11)Venom, for similar reasons as Hell Machine
    12)Drilla Killa - Been around a little while, helped win the football
    13)Battle Raptor - Like Drilla Killa, but hasn€™t been around as long.
    14)Going Crunch - For being around a few seasons and always getting through round 1.
    15)Kruel Intent - €¦Just for being around a long time really
    16)Love Bite - For coming 2nd in the new blood.

WAKE UP!!!

€¦I€™m done

Team Odin presents-

Heavyweights-

NAME: Pink Panther (formely Big Bad and Pink 4.6)
    SHAPE- Low wedge
    COLOUR- Pink (of course)
    WEIGHT- 110kg
    DIMENSIONS- H: 37 X L: 100 X W: 97
    SPEED- 12mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at front 0mm at sides and rear due to quad sprung skirts so shouldnt come up it has12 torsion points to keep the skirts down. 15mm with out the skirts
    ARMOUR- 5 mm polycarbonate over 3mm grade 5 titanium
    WHEELS- has 2 inner tracks
    POWER- 2 x S28 Magmotors on 24v.
    WEAPONS- It has interchangeable weapons which consist of:
    1. 2 X dominator 2 like axes, 1 on the left side one on the right the axe head can be changed for a little wedge so it acts like 2 flippers
    2. The other interchangeable axe is like terrorhurtzs but is only one way
    3. A 10kg vertical disc with milling cutter blades all round the outer disc spinning at 2000rpm
    SRIMECH- the axes or flippers can right the robot helped by a curved back if they are all ready fired or in flipper mode and with the disc it has a rear roll bar type thing that is supported underneath so shouldnt bend.
    STRENGTHS- Interchangeable weapons
    WEAKNESSES- easy to push from sides

NAME: Ankle Biter EVO (formely Ankle Biter The Second)
    Shape: Low invertible box
    Motivation: 4 inner wheels
    Colourr: Black with purple highlights around the edges
    Speed: 15MPH
    Weight: 100kg
    Height: 25mm
    Length: 80mm
    Width: 60mm
    Weapon: The weapon is a 1000rpm 24kg spinning drum powered by a B42-500 Magmotor on 48v. The spinning drum is gears 2.4:1 and has a spin up time of less than 4 seconds. The weapon has a unique feature of being able to be retracted within the body to allow it to spin up to full speed with out being stalled. The weapon is retracted and extended within 0.5 second using a hi-speed linear actuator which is strong enough to withstand the energy of the drum plus more. The Drum generates 132631.3joules of energy(calculations done on the Team Cosmos Kinetic Energy Calculator) at full speed and will easily flip robots, skirts and debris up off the floor during impacts.
    Drive: The new drive system, an improvement on the previous version, is a 4WD system using 4 Tornado style wheels meaning more grip and torque using two C40-500 Magmotors. Not the most powerful pushing system, but will give it enough power to be mobile and to get out the road of attacks.
    Batteries: 48v 9amp worth of NiCD cells
    Armour: 10mm Grade 5 Titanium
    Notes: This is my pride and joy. This is hopefully the next MDU in the making!
    Strengths: Devastating weapon
    Weaknesses: New drive system untested

NAME: El Persistance
    SHAPE- compact invertible box shape with a front wedge (similar to Storm 2)
    COLOUR- Black with red skirts
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- 79 x 72 x 16cm
    SPEED- about 16mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0m
    GROUND CLEARANCE- virtually 0mm all around due to skirts.
    ARMOUR- 3mm Grade 5 titanium top and bottom, 3mm Hardox armour at sides, front and back.
    WHEELS- inside robot, 6WD
    POWER- 1 X 36v MagMotor
    WEAPONS- After 2 tournys as a basic rambot, El Persistance is now equiped with a Wedge of Doom style linear actuated lifting arm that can lift up to 200kg and has two steel prongs attached at the end. The arm is designed to slide under opponents, lift them up till their wheels, tracks or legs no longer touch the ground, and then slam them into the arena walls with the full 20HP drive. The lifter is not designed to self right the robot.
    SRIMECH- invertible
    NOTES- When inverted it has Srimechs are still for wimps! written on the bottom.
    STRENGTHS- Pushing power and impenetrable armour
    WEAKNESSES- High ground clearance when inverted and lifter is not able to work when inverted.

NAME: Deep Impact 2
    Shape: Low wedge (very similar to Double Agent in Battlebots 5.0)
    Colour: Sky blue and black
    Dimensions: 100 x 60 x 30cm
    Speed: 18mph
    Turning Circle: 0
    Ground Clearance: 1cm at rear and 0cm around the sides and the front
    Armour: 2mm Hardox underneath 2mm polycarbonate.
    Wheels: 2x inner Go-Cart wheels that come out at the top, so that Deep Impact 2 can run inverted.
    Power: 2x Lynch 130s at 24 volts
    Weapons: The weapons are the rear twin mounted vertical discs each spinning vertically like Nightmare, running at 1500rpm, and each machined from an extremely high density alloy that get all all their inertia and weight into the outer of the discs. Both discs get up to full speed in about 2.5 seconds.
    NOTES: When DI2 is right way up, the discs spin vertically and are designed to flip opponents as well as damage. When DI2 is inverted the discs spin downwards and although damaging, are not as effective.
    SRIMECH: Invertible
    STRENGTHS: Powerful discs, good driving and speed.
    WEAKNESSES: Weapon is not as effective when inverted.

Middleweight

NAME: Scarlek
    Weight: 46kg
    Shape: A high wedge
    Colour: Black and white
    Dimensions: 60 x 40 x 30
    Speed: 10mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front, 3mm at sides, 0 at rear due to skirt, 4mm behind skirt
    Armour: 3mm titanium
    Wheels: 2 inner, coming out of the top so the robot can run inverted.
    Power: 24V battery and motors
    Weapon: A powerful horizontal spinning blade, like MOEs, at the rear spinning at 1500rpm.
    Srimech: The robot can run upside down, and the rear is high enough for the blade to fit into it, so it can still be used upside down. It has two skirts, one at the bottom of the rear and one at the top, which comes into action when the robot is flipped. Screws in sides mean it cant rest there.
    NOTES: Battle tacics are to get the wedge under skirtless opponents and push them into arena obstacles. Use the blade to cause damage to opponents - the skirts at the rear repel any flippers. It just has to turn to keep any flippers away from the sides
    STRENGTHS: Powerful and deadly weapon
    WEAKNESSES: Untested

Lightweight and Featherweight coming soon...

Save a place for Dave please Frank.

Names -
    Featherweight - As I dont have a vapour feather, I will enter Pillow Torque, just because its so cool.

Lightweight - You really know how to annoy a part-timer here. Give me time and I will do a quickly do a pretty crap lightweight

Middleweight - Black (Half of Black Chalkie Beard)

Heavyweights -
    Black Chalkie Beard
    Wedgie (5)
    Push-Ish
    and I suppose I best enter Seggy the Third.

Stats later.

LW.

NAME- Lithium
    SHAPE- Weirdly Shaped, see picture. A little bit like Backlash.
    DIMENSIONS (L x W x H): 55.64cm (33.8 cm excluding disc) x 40.69cm x 45.5cm (23.38cm without disc and invertability bar)
    COLOUR- See through, with unpainted disc and red pulley gears.
    WEIGHT- 25.11kg, inside the 10% rule
    SPEED- 15mph, high acceleration
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0, tank steered.
    GROUND CLEARANCE- around 2mm, 0 at supports
    ARMOUR- 20mm polycarbonate. Very hard to penetrate.
    WHEELS- 2, at rear with magnets in them. Exposed, but protected from spinners by front mounted polycarb wheel guards
    POWER- 2 Astroflight A40P75B geared motors modified by Team Whyachi, running at 24v, 2 x 24v 3600mAh Battlepacks
    WEAPON 1- A 45cm, 7.5kg steel vertical disc powered by a LEM130 at 24v. This is on a 2:1 reduction ratio and spins at about 1500rpm.
    WEAPON 2- Like you€™ll get past the first.
    SRIMECH - Invertible, due to a bar added to each support.
    NOTES- Small and compact, and quite fast.
    SUMMARY- Backlash on acid.
    STRENGTHS- Destructibility, compact and fast.
    WEAKNESSES- Exposed wheels, if opponent can get around the rear or side.

(Weight check available on request)

NAME- Stratos-Fear
    SHAPE- A sort of 4Wheel Drive Wheely Big Cheese.
    COLOUR- Stealthy Black and Grey
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- (L) With Flipper: 155cm, Without: 62cm (W) With flipper: 124cm, Without: 26cm each wheelpod. (H) 26cm
    SPEED- 15mph, high acceleration
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0
    GROUND CLEARANCE- Dead zero at front, rising to about 1-2cm at rear.
    ARMOUR- 4-7mm RSP-707 T6, Dave found this, it has the same density as aluminium but is almost as strong as titanium.
    WHEELS- 4, 4wd
    DRIVE- 2 24v LEM130€™s, geared for good speed and acceleration, powered by 3 x 24v 3Ah NiCad battlepacks.
    WEAPON 1- 130cm pneumatic flipper. This thing is powered by THREE 420mm x 80mm full pressure rams, running off three nitrogen tanks, with one extra as a buffer. It has a travel of 115 degrees. This should comfortably launch another heavyweight far into the air, better than WBC due to the increased power and length of the flipper. 3000psi Nitrogen, or 1000psi CO2 powered.
    SRIMECH - Axlebot, therefore it€™s invertible and can€™t be flipped.
    SKIRTS- None
    NOTES- Could probably flip about a tonne, and launch a heavyweight far, far into the air. Possibly the first 4 wheeled axle bot? Due to the shock, can probably kill another heavyweight in one or two flips. Overflip is now redundant because the flipper flops over due to the 1.5cm walled hollow axle connecting the two drive boxes. The flipper rides the ground, and due to the speed and low, low angle can easily breach any skirts.
    SUMMARY- Prepare to be launched into the stratos-fear!
    STRENGTHS- THAT flipper, acceleration and speed.
    WEAKNESSES- Armour is sacrificed a bit for extra power.

NAME- Glasgow Kiss
    SHAPE- Weirdly shaped, see picture.
    DIMENSIONS (LWH)- 86cm x 87cm x 22cm
    COLOUR- Groovy tie dye effect, dude! Like someone€™s been painting the sports centre€¦
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0 at front, 1cm elsewhere.
    ARMOUR- 5mm titanium. I can€™t weight check this, since Rhino doesn€™t like calculating the area of the body
    WHEELS- 4, sellotape type
    POWER- 2 x Mag S28-400€™s powered by 24v of 9Ah Nicads.
    WEAPON 1- Double headed axe, powered by two pneumatic cylinders at 1000psi CO2 on a rack an pinion system
    WEAPON 2-
    SRIMECH - Of course, with the axe.
    SKIRTS- None, due to curved sides.
    NOTES- Each side of the axe-head is different.
    SUMMARY- A spiritual replacement of Axe Murederer.
    STRENGTHS- Power of axe, and manouevrability.
    WEAKNESSES- Could be flipped by an agile flipper.

NAME- Hefty Kick in the Balls!
    SHAPE- Reminds of Cerberus in S3 or 4, I think. Tapered rear with front scoops.
    COLOUR- Grey, with Scottish flag scoops.
    WEIGHT- 100kg
    LENGTH- (L) 78 cm without disc, 151cm including skirts and wheel pods, (W) 105cm without, (H) 23cm without disc, 76cm with disc.
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0 at front and skirts, 1cm everywhere else.
    ARMOUR- 5mm titanium, 12mm titanium front
    WHEELS- 2, interior wheels.
    DRIVE- 2 x 36v Mag S28-400s
    POWER- 4 x 36v Battlepacks
    WEAPON 1- 75cm vertical disc, powered by two LEM130s at 36v, which spins at 2000rpm. Instant spin-up time.
    WEAPON 2- Like you€™ll get past the first.
    SRIMECH - None, though my driving, the skirts and the will ensure it doesn€™t get flipped. Actually it could possibly do an IG-88 due to the speed of the disc and the short length of the body.
    SKIRTS- Side skirts, hinged.
    NOTES- Should easily destroy a lot of bots and the scoops can both aid get under a lot of flippers and fend off other robots€™ weapons
    SUMMARY- Destructive, indiscreet and designed to give the other bot a hefty kick in the balls!
    STRENGTHS- Weapon, stylishness, and scoops
    WEAKNESSES- Armour kinda sacrificed for extra weapon power.

NAME- Insecticide
    SHAPE- A rounded main body with exterior sidepods
    DIMENSIONS- (LWH) 122cm x 132cm x 21cm
    COLOUR- Sleek dark grey
    WEIGHT- 99.42kg
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0-1 cm
    ARMOUR- 4mm titanium for main shell, 5mm titanium for the sidepods
    WHEELS- 2, each in its own pod.
    POWER- 2 x Mag S28-400€™s at 36v, 4 X 36v 3Ah NiCad packs
    WEAPON 1- A 16kg, 66cm diameter horizontal disc, powered by a Briggs and Stratton E-Tek motor at 36v. This spins at approximately 1500rpm due to the 7:11 gear ratio and is 4cm off the ground.
    SRIMECH - Invertible, due to a Scottish flag invertibility bar at the rear.
    SKIRTS- None
    NOTES- My personal favourite of my renders
    SUMMARY- Destructive disc backed up with decent drive.
    STRENGTHS- Disc power, agility
    WEAKNESSES- It isnt painted red, and you know, red is the fastest colour, so it isnt the fastest robot of that exact same speed.

My Middleweight (Evil Scotsman) and Featherweight (Maximum Velocity) dont exist yet, so can you hold up spots for them?

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...lected=1003999

Featherweight

Name: Micro Monsoon
    Weight: 12kg
    Armour: 7mm Polypropalene (Industial Grade Plastic)
    Speed: 12mph
    Shape: Invertible box
    Weapon 1: Front titanium wedge and side skirts
    Strengths: Very manouverable and quite nippy.
    Weaknesses: Exposed wheels on top and lack of active weaponry
    Ground Clearance: 0mm on sides and front when right way up. When flipped, the sides remain 0mm but the front goes to 1cm. Rear ground clearance is 1cm throughout.
    Srimech: Invertible
    Notes: The robot is powered by 2 12v drill motors which gives 12mph top speeds. The robot is designed as a full body hammer, and can get under everything with its front wedge. When flipped, the side skirts flop over as they are hinged, but the front wedge doesnt. The wheels are coated in rubber to aid in traction. The robot has 3amp batteries to power it.

Lightweight

Name: Trisadekaphobia
    Weight: 25kg (Lightweight)
    Armour: 2mm Aluminium
    Speed: 10mph
    Shape: Low triangle shape
    Weapon 1: A 3 armed spinning rotor powered by a S15-250 MagMotor running at 24v. On each of the arms is a small 3kg sledgehammer with a pointed tip. The spinner is geared down 4:1 for a faster spinup time.
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry and quite quick.
    Weaknesses: No srimech and poor armour.
    Ground Clearance: 1cm, but to get to it youll have to eat spinning sledgehammers
    Srimech: None
    Notes: The robot is run on 2 S15-250 MagMotors running at 12v, which gives 10mph top speed.

Middleweight

Name: Pure
    Weight: 40kg
    Armour: 3mm Aluminium Boron Carbite (really strong and quite light)
    Shape: Invertible box with 2 inner wheels.
    Weapon 1: 5kg thick Aluminium spike, designed to impale into the opposition.
    Strengths: Great speed.
    Weaknesses: Weight disadvantage exposed wheels on top
    Ground Clearance: 1cm all around
    Srimech: Invertible.
    Notes: The robot has 2 go kart wheels powered by 2 S28-400 MagMotors running at 24v. The battery used is a 60 5000mah D Cell NiCD Battery pack producing 15Amp at 24V. This means the robot travels at roughly 18mph, which is quite quick for a robot! It is armed with a large 5kg Aluminium static spike, which when going at 18mph can dent 1cm thick Aluminium.

Heavyweights

Name: Dervish //
    Armour: 10mm Aluminium Boron Carbite, with 5mm Lexiguard inside that to protect electronics.
    Shape: Invertible cylinder, like Barberous
    Weapon 1: Spinning body which spins upwards, so it can flip its opponents.
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry and very manouverable
    Weaknesses: Exposed wheels.
    Ground Clearance: 7mm all around
    Srimech: Invertible
    Notes: The robot is powered by 2 S28-150 MagMotors, giving the robot a top speed of 18mph. Both wheels are based around Stinger, but have Vulcalore trims to aid in traction. The spinning body is made from 10mm Aluminium Boron Carbite, with 5mm Lexiguard inside that. The spinning body has Carbon tipped blades and Grade 5 Titanium blades attached all over it, so it can destroy all matters of armour. The body itself is powered by 2 LEM 130s running at 36v. This means the drum spins at approx 2500RPM. This should be enough power to destroy a robot in a matter of seconds.

Name: Manic Monsoon
    Armour: 5mm Hardox all over.
    Speed: Roughly 28mph
    Shape: Box wedge with side skirts and rounded back.
    Weapon 1: A linear actuator powered lifter running by a 4 bar system at 24v. This can lift 200kg easily.
    Weapon 2: A small strip of Grade 5 Titanium on the front wedge, which gives 0mm ground clearance.
    Strengths: Powerful drive and good strong weapon
    Weaknesses: A bit too fast and hard to control when at full speed.
    Ground Clearance: 0mm on front and sides, 1cm at back.
    Srimech: Invertible, but can self right using the lifter if wanted to.
    Notes: The robot is powered by 2 B42-500 MagMotors running at 60v. This gives Monsoon approx 60HP! The robot has a total of 6 wheels, 3 on each side. Each side is linked together by a set of heavy duty belts, giving 0m turning circle and the manouverability of a 2 wheeled bot, and each wheel is coated in Vulcalon. The front wedge is angled at 42.5 degrees, meaning that it is not too steep nor too shallow. The lifting arm is powered by a S28-150 MagMotor, and is made from 7075 Aluminium. The lifter itself can lift a total of 200kg, and can self right the robot if needs be. The side skirts are made from 4mm Titanium and are hinged.

Name: Sonic Boom
    Armour: 1cm thick Hardox wheel hubs, 5mm Hardox axe head and 5mm thick axe pole. The axle joining the 2 wheels is made from 6mm Titanium and Vanadium alloy.
    Speed: 28mph.
    Shape: The robot is an axlebot based around Stinger.
    Weapon 1: A momentum powered axe, which can come down with 800kgs of force.
    Strengths: Hard to grab hold off and very tough armour. Great manouverability.
    Weaknesses: Poor pushing power.
    Ground Clearance: 10mm.
    Srimech: The robot is invertible.
    Notes: The robot is powered by 2 LEM 130s, giving 28mph top speeds. The wheels are made from aircraft grade Aluminium, with Hardox wheel hubs and thick rubber treads. All the electronics, batteries and wiring are hidden inside the wheels. The 1cm thick wheel hubs should mean that nothing can damage the innards of Sonic Boom. To save weight on the robot, the wheels are only 20cm high, but are also 20cm wide, increasing traction on the arena floor. The axe head is modelled on Stingers axe from series 4 of Robot Wars, but is a lot tougher due to the 50cm, 5mm Hardox axe pole and 5mm Hardox axe head. The axe is momentum powered, meaning that when the robot stops moving from a charge, the axe swings over head and hits what ever is in front of it. This method of weaponry is not accurate most of the time, but when it does hit, it can cause a lot of damage. The 10mm ground clearance all over the robot should stop it getting stuck on arena obstacles.

Name: Squish
    Armour: 6mm Grade 5 Titanium
    Speed: 20mph
    Shape: Low wedge
    Weapon 1: A very powerful hydraulic crusher, with 14 tonnes of pressure at the tip.
    Strengths: Very powerful crusher and strong armour. Good pushing power and good speed.
    Weaknesses: Slow srimech.
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front due to wrinkler device. 5mm at sides and 1cm at back.
    Srimech: It uses a set of Razer style wings.
    Notes: The robot is powered by 2 LEM130 Lynch motors running at 36v, giving 20mph top speed and pushing power equivilent to 18HP. The robot has 6 inner Vulcalore wheels, which give tremendous traction. The crusher itself is made from 4mm Hardox, with 300 weight reducing holes. It is powered by a M-Mac M40 Hydraulic Actuator running at 12v, which can give 14 tonnes of pressure. The actuator has already been used in Robotic Combat, so this robot is realistic. The tip of the crusher is coated in carbon, so it can rip through Titanium easily.

Good luck with this tournament, Frank, let it be as wooty as NSBFL 6

You Gonna Kepp what ya got by giving it all away.

Microsoft Word 2002 (XP) verison -
    http://www.geocities.com/mrdave1986/DaveSStatsforNSBFL.dochttp://www.geocities.com/mrdave1986/...tsforNSBFL.doc

Normal PDF verison -
    http://www.geocities.com/mrdave1986/DaveSNSBFLStats.pdfhttp://www.geocities.com/mrdave1986/DaveSNSBFLStats.pdf

Enjoy

Register To Comment