Register To Comment
Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Velociraptor's Fanfic Tournament - Series 6!

Nice stuff as always, Richie and Im going to pick Stratos to catapult Ankle Biter into orbit

ABR

Mass:
    NPC 4200 x2 - 14.30
    NPC W81HT with gearbox - 7.70
    NiMh 24v Battlepack x2 - 2.40
    NiMh 36v Battlepack x1 - 1.80 kg
    Maxtor controller - ~1.000 kg
    Stainless frame - 26.64
    Stainless Plow - 13.55 + 0.58 for the Ti nudgers on the front
    Ti 9 : V 1 Armor - 9.43
    TOTAL - 77.4

I just so happen to have 22.6 kg left over for a good number of things, because of the efficiency of the design. I don€™t have them rendered, but there are two adjustments for the fight I€™m going to add:
    1) a 22 kg anti-spinner waffle made of lead, to attach to the front. Wish I€™d tried this sooner.
    2) copper ablative-armor plates for the sides and back during melees.

This is my first and last robot completely without magmotors. Not that NPC motors are much different. Aw heck, they€™re just NPC magmotor clones. I€™m useless at this.

Weapon - A large stainless steel spatula on the front, which pivots almost 180* over the robot to self-right, and to flip and lift. From the diagram it might not look like it€™ll reach, but there€™s a hinged plate over the frame for the lifter that pushes out. The teeth at the end provide the maximum amount of leverage possible, and have limited movement to keep from getting very screwed up. The electric motor is geared down to 135 rpm, (moves its full range in 1/4 second), obviously it wont operate nearly as quickly for lifting an opponent. The lifter is powered by a NPC W81HT at 36 volts for eight-ish horsepower.

Frame - 1.27 cm stainless steel. Cant go wrong with that stuff.
    Armor - 0.635 cm titanium/vanadium.
    Srimech - The lifter can right the robot.

Wheels - 8-wheeled! Each motor directly connects to one wheel (see render to determine which one), and powers the others by chain. If the chain is severed, just that one will continue operating. Itll be a rarity to lose both that individual wheel and the chain in one fight. I like to emphasize this redundancy so people dont interpret it as a weakness (which has happened).
    3360 rpm NPC motors (3.8 hp) power the wheels at 17 mph with great acceleration. 3.6 Ah, 75 amp discharge NiMh C-cell battlepacks supply all the energy.

Clearance - 1.106 cm under the wheels, and under the stationary wedges at the front. 0 under the actuating plow with wedge-nudgers.

Strengths:
    -it is a very powerful, very fast tank, with a lot of stall-resistance, even if it lacks some horsepower.
    -it has the lowest wedge„ in the competition. It ploughs with finality and precision.
    -its frame can take a lot of abuse.
    Weaknesses:
    -Like any real design entered here, impossible robots might look more impressive on paper. I still assert they€™re impossible, and I€™ll bring that up in my strategies.
    -it€™s a rather simple and predictable design
    -there€™s nowhere to pit anything, and there aren€™t many designs it can damage or knock out.

Yeah, Flea will do

Thanks, Aaron! Ive got the stats.

Were guaranteed another newcomer in the semifinals - but will it be the deadly drum of Ankle Biter The Second, or the fantastic flipper of Stratosfear?

3, 2, 1 - ACTIVATE!
    Both robots proceeded in a straight line towards each other, until Ankle Biter The Second turned away to catch Stratosfears side. Unfortunately, Stratosfear turned as well, slipped its flipper under Ankle Biters side and sent it skyward! Ankle Biter came down with a bang, close to the south wall - before it could get away, Stratosfear was under it again, and throwing it backwards like Wheely Big Cheese with Killertron! Its thick armour absorbing the shock when it landed, Ankle Biter came on the attack and managed to strike Stratosfear in its front left wheel, making a dent and knocking Stratosfear up! This allowed it to launch a brief attack on the underbelly, until Stratosfear swiveled on its right wheels and ended up on top of Ankle Biters side! Reversing as Ankle Biter turned, the two robots ended up head on. Ankle Biter ran for the wheels again, but was caught and sent flying towards the closed pit! It bounced off the west wall and came to rest on the floor.
    Ankle Biter The Second turned again as Stratosfear advanced on it, but again was caught in the side, and this time shoved into the pit release! Bringing its victim around, Stratosfear fired its flipper, hoping Ankle Biter The Second would drop into the pit - but it missed! Landing and still mobile, Ankle Biter attacked, its drum grazing the side of Stratosfear - just as the wedge went under again, turned Ankle Biter towards the pit and flipped! This time, Ankle Biter went too high - it bounced off the wall corner and back towards Stratosfear! Quickly, Stratosfear turned to attack Ankle Biter, running it into the west wall. The pit had closed, so it brought the spinner into the release again, turned it around and gave another good flip! Bouncing on the floor, Ankle Biter The Second went away from the pit, but when the bouncing stopped, it became clear that so had Ankle Biter, dead from the shock of the nitrogen fueled flips! Just to make sure, Stratosfear gave the body of Ankle Biter The Second a quick shove into the big hole!
    CEASE!

STRATOSFEAR GOES THROUGH TO THE SEMI FINALS!

Next time on VFT6, 12th seed Annoying Box Rush will try to annoy Firestorm V, Flea 2.0 and Mr Nasty by beating them!
    And 28th seed Forcepower Turbo will try to make Disconstructor, El Persistence and The Raven feel the force!

Register To Comment