Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feather Weight Wheel Tread

Ok ok, Vulklon? or bike Tires? Or anyhting else?

I have 4 custom built ali wheels which i intened to add Vulerlon to for grip. But speaking to people etc, that having Vulkerlon might not be worth it with just 12kgs worht of weight acting on the wheels.
    So im thinking due to cost and simple and easy to repair, any other ideas of grip to use that i can screw or pop rivit or even bond to my wheels which is worth doing for decent grip? Any Idea?

Thanks in Advance.

Mr Stu

you wont be needing my rivit gun again then Chris? :P lol,

Yeah it might not be worth it seing as you have wide wheels and 4 off them..Bike tyres are good and if done correctly can look cool...But vulkan can have advantages.
    I think storm 2 has always had vulkon but originally it was way to hard to grip the floor...he had a softer vershion put onto the metal wheels...Is there an even softer vershion you could get put on?..

Dave

Getting the vulked aint a problem, its just is it worth it? Spoke to Ed H about it, and its only really worth it if theres a certain amount of weight pressing down on the wheels.

Terrorhurtz has too much weight hence why it all came off at Folkstone, and robots like Micro Mute maybe dont seem to be felling the effects of vulkerlon? I dont know. But saying that cutlet noticed a big difference, but they had 2 wheels so most of the weight was over the 2 wheels = more force on the wheels. With 4 wheels, im just wondering if its worth sending the wheels off for 2 weeks to get em done.

Chris you know what i mean USE pop rivits to hold the traction on hehe.

Mr Stu

i dont know if anyone has considered roller skate wheels, ok the diameter isnt as big as youd like about 60mm but alot of the better ones are polyurathane which is quite grippy and you can get 8 for 40 quid, or inline wheels some of them go up to 100mm and are probably the same compound.

If i self tap stuff onto the wheels tho Ian, then i cant get them vulked. Need to be a smooth surface, no holes in the wheels as they mould it over dont they.

Mr Stu

Register To Comment