Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feather Weight Wheel Tread

stu i think if you look at mutes web site there heavy weight wheels look like they are grooved then vulkanised over them, so from that point of view i cant imagine it needs to be a totaly smooth surface for coating

LOL, how big are your wheels stu? you couls always buy some of the Blue wheels that PloughBot, venom, and Razer use off us. We sell them cheaply aswell!!!!!
    They are cheap, the same as vulkalon or w/e its called, and BLUE. just you cant have it moulded to w/e wheel u like, you buy the whole wheel with a strong plastic moulded centre.

Thanks
    Grant-PloughBot-Team Rc Wars

Yeah i know, which is a bit of a problem considering i have built the robot around the wheels sizes etc. And also my back wheels i have had speacialy made and tapped to screw direct onto my gear boxes etc. Using those wheels will be too much of a pain now.

Ill just get em Vulkd and be done with it.

Mr Stu

We had the Same prob as THz with big nipper when we tried them at preston then went back to metal. Blue uses large radiator hose for the rubber. If you dont mind new wheels every meet then theyre great. Just wear out quickly as they are a little too soft. Looks cool when you set off and leave black lines on the floor

use good old selotape...... ive told you before, im not telling you again !!!!

Jonno

For the moment i would just put some bike tyres on then, there good and easy to do.
    You can always vulk them after if you need to!
    PIMPanaught runs bike tyresand he gets loads of tracton, i think proberbly more than vulk in arenas with bits of wood flakes and dusty surfaces(which is most arenas).I dont think vulk on feathers is atal as benificial as using it on heavies!!! well, atleast not unless you have all the weight nicely ballanced on 2 wheels.

Grant-PloughBot-Team Rc Wars

as an alternative can we run any kind of wheel and just get the arena vulkalon coated

hehe yer, that wud actually be a good idea, yet VERY heavy, expensive and will get torn up? actually, if you go for the harder grades, it might be well gd.

Register To Comment