Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4QD NCC 70 OR PRO 120

Hi which speed controller is better for use with 24v Bosch 750w motors, which one is more reliable.
    Cheers Danny

what does the smiley face mean

http://www.extremefightingmachines.co.uk/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=9&post=23285#POST23285http://www.extremefightingmachines.c...pc=9&post=2328 5#POST23285

750W at 24V is only 31.25 Amps. If you have a big gear ratio then the 70s will be fine but your robot will be slow. On the other hand if you uses a small gear ratio then the motor will be doing more work during acceleration and will most likely need the extra amps. Both are very similair but we went for the 120s to be safe and they are supoposed to be more reliable as they are not stressed as much with the same motor.

Ive adjusted the Pro 120s currnt limit down to 70 Amps for drive anyway, purely to prolong battery life and to give better protection during stall.

right thanx everyone, i have now decided to go with the ncc 70, however after reading this: If you inadvertently connect the battery up the wrong way round - the controller will be destroyed - in quite a spectacular manner! of the 4qd website i think i need some reverse polarity protection, any good ways anyone?
    thanks.

talking of cables, where does everyone get high current cable from

Got ours from Marionville Model shop in Scotland. High Cuurent, High Temperature, High flexable Silicon insulated wire. 4mm sqr Area with 512 conductors. Wire marking Ultimate wire from some American company.

Id Recommend 6mm wire for your battery leads and Yes colours are better. Dont think your saving money buying just one colour it gets confusing.

Register To Comment