Register To Comment

Thread: Little Hitter

Heres a vid of our new feaetherweight on its first test against a 50kg storage heater & a metal box.

ftp://81.106.67.7/Little%20Axe/Little%20hitter.wmvftp://81.106.67.7/Little%20Axe/Little%20hitter.wmv
    Its 2.4MB in size and my freeware ftp server only allow 6 connections so be paient

(Mental note: Dont paint until after testing)

3. sheeesh thats cool! nice 1, look forward to fighting it

Taking it to Newark so see you there. What was edited out was the compressor giving off smoke and me shouting TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF Lucky for us we had a spare.

The Axe head weighs 300grams. Not much but cant afford any more weight. The shaft weights 700grams though.

You dont want much weight on pnumatic axes/hammers anyway!
    Its looking good, with very nippy drive aswell.

Grant-PloughBot

Very nice Mark. Ill hopefully be able to post up a test video of my electric hammer bot Xain this weekend. We are using a EV Warrior on 24v with a 21:1 dual stage reducting box to the hammer arm. so far it can selfright the robot on a flat SLA at about 6v

Will see what you guys think when i get the video up

Sounds great, but why does everybodies axes and hammers have to all come out at the same time :sad:
    I know another 2-3 people building them

9. Gordon, not that tech minded. Just put in a 63mm bore RAM and set the compressor to 100 psi. A few quick cals to see if it will self right and set my brother the task of making it

Tried the new pointy axe last night and it jumps higher that 4 inch with the first hit and (100psi) missed the target! Second hit worked alot better. Thats it for testing until Newark so hopefully it will hold together.

Aaron, looking forward to seeing it, maybe one day we can find out which is best but distance might delay that.

Well I have just finished making the top covers and it should be driving tommorow. We were slowed down in the workshop when some dumbass(yeah thats me :sad accidentally cut the drive plugs off the IBC when trimming some velcro tape inside the bot without watching. Thats fixed, just have to wire and mount the removeable link, set up an aerial and modify the 72mhz reciever or stick in the 40mhz one from Annihilation.

There is a picture from today here: http://home.iprimus.com.au/robots/IMG%20641.jpghttp://home.iprimus.com.au/robots/IMG%20641.jpg
    Not very good quality, but it will look better when its finished and cleaned up/painted.

Register To Comment