Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CAD Drawings etc.

talking of CAD, i use autoCAD LT 2004, this really bugs me:
    when i draw a rectangle and then try and draw a smaller rectangle undeneath it it automaticly takes the lines to the same width as the first one. anyone know a soloution.

LOL @ James B

Yeah That is sooo true for alot of roboteers im sure. Either Robot Wars Arena or even Robot Arena 2.

I think Ed H did with Storm 2 .....

http://www.janissaries.org/ja/Darkrat/storm2.jpghttp://www.janissaries.org/ja/Darkrat/storm2.jpg

hehehe.
    Mr Stu

Danny (I hate being called that ;-) ) I can think of 2 reasons straight off why your rectangles are over lapping. The first might be you have snap and grid on. I always turn this 2 features off as Im a more hardcore drafter (not really, Im just talking big). If you got those damn annoying dots everywhere and the cross hairs jumping from one to another when you move the mouse then the snap feature is on. Too select the next point for your smaller rectangle either type in the coorrdinates for the second point of the rectangle (x,y from the 0,0 point, or @x,y for the first point of the rectangle or if you want to be tricky, @lengthangle for polar coorrdinates), or you could just turn the snap function off by hitting F9 or the Snap button down the bottom of the screen. You can also change the size of the grid for the little dots and for the Snap by right clicking on the Snap button and going to Drafting settings or use the drop down menus at the top of the screen and find Drafting Settings in there.
    Or maybe you have youve got your osnaps (Object Snap) set up so it selects end points. Usually AtuoCAD is a pain with Osnaps on and is always selecting the wrong point of the screen. If a purple square appears of the corner of the already drawn rectangle it means AutoCAD wants to put the corner of the rectangle your drawing there. If that happens you can turn Osnaps off by hitting F3 or the OSNAPS button down the bottom of the screen, but remember to turning it back on after. Or you can use the Osnap tool bar like I do and select the no snap button. You can change all your Osnap settings in the Drafting Settings box too.

I still dont compare AutoCAD to SolidWorks or Inventor. They are completely different.

hi thanx for that, it was the os snap. i can draw plans now.
    cheers again danny.... lol

I find paint does the job perfectly
    Solidworks is about the best ive seen, i have solidworks Pro, its great, you can work out strengths and weights of your robot! You can build the whole thing before you actually make it, and know it will defintaly work!

Grant-PloughBot

you have solidworks, AND U USE PAINT!!!!!

whats wrong with paint? All of ours were designed on paint!

You can find strengths? Does that mean you have the fianite element analysis add-on? I wouldnt mind giving that go as Ive only seen it.

Register To Comment