Register To Comment
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule 12.2.1 (Entanglement)

But am i right in say there was no time limit for pinning your opponients in Series 7? I think this came about when something happpened in Heat A and people looked to the rule book and it had been taken out or something?
    Someone wanna prove me wrong?

Mr Stu

This rule is where exactly? I guess that we will all be given the combat rules before the event. Allthough its not sporting I see no reason why we cant grab hold of someone and keep hold for the full 5 minutes as long as we are still moving and slaming them into the sides and house robots and maybe even down the pit.

This is not pinning as both robots are still moving. Pinning a robot against the side so that neither robot can move is what I would class this rule as.

On the 10 or 20 seconds rule. If we were imobile for that long and got free, if no one told us the fight was over we would carry on. How do we know for sure that the judges have counted us out.

Two examples here. One was at Newark last year where we lost a fight becasue we got counted out for 10 seconds. On 11 seconds we were back on our feet. The other at Debenham where we were pinned against the wall for more that 30 seconds and the other robot claimed that we were imobile becasue we couldnt get free. They even had the cheek to claimed our weapon was not working. We were simply waiting for them to let go and at the end they drove back and saw that we were fully working.

Richard: Sorry, I wasnt aware of that part of the story. Razer do seem to have had preferential treatment, but the same is true of various big names (Chaos2 vs SMIDSY springs to mind). It sounds as though a deadly embrace was in force (unlike the European Championships), even if it was self-inflicted (*like* the Europeans).

Mark: Im not sure I approve of the idea of keeping a gentle hold on the opponent for the full fight. The idea is not to give an unfair advantage to clamp bots - hydraulic crushers dont hold and stay still, they hold and move around to do damage. Non-clamping weaponry doesnt control the movement of the opponent, and Im happy with the concept that the advantage should last for 30 seconds, after which you should be obliged to re-attack. The alternative, assuming the clamp/crush attack is effective, is that a single attack effectively ends the fight - even if a show is made of inflicting damage.

Of the 10/20 seconds business, there seem to be many cases where the robot is just grounded on something. How about ten seconds, then a yellow flag where the robot must be prodded by a house robot (or, failing that, an opponent) - no attacks permitted during the yellow flag period, so you cant play dead and attack your rescuer. If a robot isnt moving ten seconds after being given a shove, its out. It may take a while for the robot to get shoved, so Id start the second count after that point.

Im trusting here that fights involving full body spinners will tend to have house robots, or there may be a bit of an issue with the definition of prod.

That would seem fairer to me (if beneficial mainly to robots with low ground clearance, which may be a bad thing). Is it too complicated?

--
    Fluppet

Register To Comment