Register To Comment
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rule 12.2.1 (Entanglement)

My guess is that it would count as damage, as its an object that physically brakes of your robot.

i think it would count as damage, just like sacraficial armour

I sometimes get confrontational indeed. I must confess that my patience often gets shortened by physical problems (chronic pain) and the medication I take for it. Its not an excuse, but an explanation. Apologies can be offered on demand.

In any case, anyone reading a sports rules surely must know the difference between intended and accidently even if they are not specifically mentioned ?
    If -for instance- I play soccer and tackle my opponents legs I will always get punished by the referee unless it was truly an accident. How much of these accidents have you seen happening during a soccer match ? But the soccer rules state that you should not do bodily harm unto another player. Usually they do not specificly state intentionally and subclause accidentionally. They simply state that it should not be done and leave the rest to common sense and the occasionally alert/bribed referee.

My opinion about the 12.2 rule in the Guidelines:
    There are so many possible exceptions to be listed that the Guidelines would take a day to print. Common sense should be able to tell you which intended weapons system falls under these restrictions and which not. Take for instance this little check list:
    1) The writers listed the most common problems: entangling devices, TX jamming, heat, fluids, shattering sawblades and projectiles. I see no difficulty in recognising these terms.
    2) You all know that losing parts of your robot is counted as damage, hence you cannot afford to loose pieces.
    3) You do NOT want to equip your robot with sacrificial props that might entangle your opponent, it leads to instant disqualification.
    And I got all that from simply reading the rules. (No, Im lying here, I got all that from having had to translate the rules from English to Dutch for several times already.)

Register To Comment