Register To Comment
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Dinowarrior Destruction

As always I have no objection to teaming up with the first offer. Ill spin up and then slam into it, not precisely sure what ese i could do.

Sure, Davey. Ill attack the scoop n claw combo and see if I cant pin it down for you and skewer the wheels a bit

Ah, welcome back to Dinowarrior Destruction. I know its been a while, but college work is tough. I just hope the six robots fighting today are AS tough.

The first bot in the ring is one of the favourites for this heat, and, in my eyes, one of the favourites for the entire series. CHAMELEON is one nasty bot. I mean, it looks, body wise, like Biohazard, what with all its skirts and scoops. However, it can self-right. But its main worry is its weapons. It doesnt have one set-up, it has NINE! In this fight, it has a low scoop, backed with a Plunderbird style claw. It changes its weapons depending on set-up. It major weakness is definatly the fact that it may have problems in melees with totally different robots.

On a less confusing note, is ALVD, the second robot. What does it mean? To be honest, Im not sure. Im sure Dave will be able to spill the beans. But this robot will be spilling more than beans, with its concave-ish wedge, and HUGE, utterly destructive vertical disc, spinning at frightening speeds. It can pop wheelies when it is flipped. The front is exposed to attack though.

Finally is BIG NIPPER, another real robot. It reached the heat final of series 7, only to lose to The Grim Reaper. This is a low box on wheels, with tough armour, and 8 wheels (4 on top, 4 underneath). It has a nasty grabbing horizontal jaw device mounted on an arm that can lift, or right the robot (even though it can run inverted). Fierce, but I think it can get exposed to pushers, and the ground clearance is rather high-ish.

ROBOTEERS STAND BY.

Dreadlocks Revenge and Jakamoko 2 are our house robots for today.

3...2...1...ACTIVATE!

And off we go, for another brawl in the Dinowarrior Destruction ring. ALVD and Chameleon move towards Big Nipper, who uses a spin technique to dodge the forward movement of ALVDs nasty disc. However, it doesnt save it from Chameleon, who gets underneath the side, the scoop easily getting underneath. Down comes the claw. Im not sure whether or not it can do any damage to Big Nipper, so, for now, it does little more than scratch. But, even better, it has a good hold on Big Nipper. Now ALVD comes in, and hits the front of Big Nipper. BANG! The claws, as thin as they are, bend under the sheer force of ALVDs cutter. That is NASTY with a capital...oh yeah, Ive already done capital everything. Now I wonder if ALVD can damage Chameleon. Chameleon doesnt want to know and, still holding Big Nipper, takes it to the pit release. Big Nipper is squirming, but he cant get free. Now ALVD comes in...OW! HE KNOCKES CHAMELEON FLYING! AND BIG NIPPER TOO! But Chameleon is OK. He is against the arena wall, and Big Nipper has escaped. ALVD now takes several servere digs at Big Nipper, and breaks the tip of one of the claws off. Ouch! Chameleon uses its flap of plating on its back (the srimech) to knock itself off the wall, and it falls onto its back. Now, can it self-right...yes it can! And it moves towards a badly battered Big Nipper. It isnt moving, so Chameleon has another go. He digs in, and drags it towards the pit. Finally, he lets go, and Big Nipper drops.

CEASE

CHAMELEON AND ALVD GO THROUGH.

NEXT TIME, Well see the second round of Dinowarrior Destruction. Can El Persistance make a mark on his oppodents? Tengu 6 will slice and dice. Montys Pass will try to overtake them all. And well see if Windiest Killer can do the locomotion in the sumo.

Register To Comment