Register To Comment
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 26th/27th March 2005 Debenham Robot Rumble

2. Dear Geoff. The first time was painful enough. If you think that I am going to be stupid enough to do it again then you are mistaken.

No, seriously, once was enough and twice is stupid. I know how powerful that disk is.

Marco, I will be at Debenhams. A match sounds good to me.

Mike.

PS Karoline. I do NOT have a London accent. I have a beautiful Surrey accent. Remember, I speak the Queens English I does. So less of the lip you local backward girl.

4. Im sorry to say that Team Storm wont be at Debenham this year with Storm II or Horizon.

Ed has been told by Geoff Thorpe (the organiser) that he is not welcome at Debenham, the reason he has been given is that people do not want him at the event, and will not come if he is there. Meral and myself have no desire to attend without Ed; we are a team, and Meral and I both feel as excluded as I know he does by this.

That the community would treat a fellow member in this way; to ostracise them (and thus their team) is not what Roboteering is about surely? I cannot think of anything Ed has ever done that deserves this treatment?

Geoff Thorpe told us that he had no intention of telling us this until we showed up on the day. In my opinion this makes it all the more disgusting, to turn someone away at the door in front of their friends is something you would only do to try to humiliate them.

For the record, Ed is one of the most generous, passionate, helpful and dedicated people you could ever meet. Ed has always been a doer, which naturally puts him in the line of fire. He is willing to take risks where others wont for the ultimate benefit of us all. We all want this sport to continue do we not? Yes hes capable of winding people up along the way (arent we all at times) but nothing that comes close to justifying this.

The positives of Eds efforts are there for all to see. This forum that we take for granted would not be here if it were not for Ed and his generosity in funding it. The Robot Rumble has benefited from Eds hard work for the past three years free of charge. Ed took the loss of the World Champs badly, but somehow managed to pick himself up and went on to pay for another event at Billing from his own pockets, driven by his desire to do all he could to make things right.

Its a shame we cant be there next weekend, we turned down a personal invite to attend the Robo-Olympics to support our local event, the decision for us was simple. Still, we are where we are, and although Meral and myself could still attend the Rumble on our own, and we have really been looking forward to doing so, we have chosen not to, we just dont feel welcome.

Those of you who know me well will know that it takes a lot to visibly get to me, and I only make comment when I feel comment is worth making; but to be honest I am extremely disillusioned right now.

We cant see where we can go from here, Ed has already resigned his elected position in the FRA (for fear that his presence there may do more damage than good) and for now all we (and Ed Im sure) can say is we are going to miss you guys.

Tim and Meral
    http://www.teamstorm.com
    http://www.teamstorm.com

6. I am really really livid, before anyone starts saying im putting this on after the history me and Ed have, i genuinely have time for Ed hes put alot into robots theres so much work Ed has done for the sport both that you guys see and that you guys havent seen or are yet to see, he works hard for us and he gets treated like this for his efforts. Im disgusted at his treatment by Geoff Thorpe I have considered not coming as a sign of protest but that does no good so I will be there and be sure I will make my feelings known and we will be supporting ed

Register To Comment