Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relief's in place of burst disc's?

People the small row has endid. I think it would be a nice idea if this thread could be deleted but I dont have controll over that - Audrey I have nothing against Paul.

Dave moulds
    Team Turbine

hmmm, this thread sure got depressing quickly....On a happy(?) note this is my 100th post in the furom

Dave moulds
    Team Turbine
    Just trying to lighten the mood

Well done dave, LOL.
    These threads are helpfull to people like me who read around, gives you a wider range of knowldge and reminds you of past forgotten threads.
    SUrely you cant maon at someone if they havnt noticed this topic before.
    Oh and btw, im not at all moaning at ypu Paul, or anyone else on this thread, just a general thing for everyone to realise.
    Grant

I think that the H&SE people would get very upset if there was an accident caused or exacerbated by the lack of a standard bursting disc on a fire extinguisher bottle.
    This accident could happen anywhere, at an event, during transport in your car or at your home.

Such an accident would undoubtedly not be covered by the either the event or your car insurance.

The busting disc is fitted to gas storage cylinders so that they don€™t explode when in a fire and kill anybody, like Firemen.

I dont have a copy to hand, but IIRC the RW rules always insisted in a bursting disc being fitted to all valves screwed into a fire extinguisher bottle for use in robots as well as the 1000 psi valve.

The LP side MUST have a safety relief fitted.
    If a LP pipe or fitting bursts due to over pressure then the loose pipe will flail about and may well hit you in the face like a whip.
    Its your face so fit YOUR LP safety valve.

I will not let robots into my event without both the standard bottle valve bursting discs and LP relief valves.

IIRC the RW 1000-psi relief valve was brought in to meet the demands of the Stage Hands Union, which forbade them to work on gas pressures over 1000 psi.

As we don€™t have stagehands belonging to a union, the H&SE requirement for a bursting disc is adequate for my Yeovil Robots-at-War, I don€™t require the 1000 psi valve to be fitted as well.

Dave, best leave the disc alone and try to fit the relief valves in somewhere, and save face that way.

Register To Comment