Register To Comment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cereal Box Killer Update

good news, any pics? Not done anything on blazer for a while due to getting the other robots running. Waiting for a few bits to be sorted. Blazers specs;

2x 400watt (ish) wheelchair motors
    2x 7Ah SLA batts
    2x Curtis speedos
    Pneumatics consist of a 80mm bore 210mm stroke ram at 10 bar (about 500kg of force), 3/8th high flow valve. 12mm tube, at least one 1litre buffer and maybe twin regulators (depends on weight). Armour will be whatever weights left :P Hopefully get some pics up on the website tomorrow.

ive had enough experience in melles with the feathers and heavy. Im going to concentrate the armour on sides/back and just keep thin stuff on base/top. Us flippers will have to stick up for each other, get rid of those nasty spinners!

the last post appeared whilst i was typing the above :P we have a fair bit of experience with pneumatics. We started of with the feathers, in G2/G3 we started with a compressor flipper over a year ago, then it got changed to Co2, It now uses a 63mm bore ram and is probably the most powerful LP flipper on the circuit. The heavyweight uses a FP system.

Ive overcome the ram problem by having it at a awkward angle, but due to the power it overcomes this. Due to the size of ram it really has to have a buffer, the twin regulators was just going to help with filling the buffers up quick. I dont know many regs that can fill a 80x210mm ram quick enough.

I am using the gearboxes on the motors, they have been slightly altered but still need the 12inch wheels (which makes the robot look rather odd!). My chassis is mainly made from 1mm wall 25mm steel box, with 2mm thick used on the flipper.

im making my own hinge, similar to the one on Merlin. We had alot of problems with Merlin breaking hinges. All it will be is a steel tube with a stainless steel bar through.

Phots are on the website, http://www.blazerbotics.co.ukwww.blazerbotics.co.uk under blazer

Register To Comment