Register To Comment
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting started, what do I need?

2. Eh, what, I missed that one. 2.6Ah Nimh sounds good. Ill look into that when I get the chance. Do you know if they are lighter in weight too! After all we are still running 4.8Ah (2x 2.4Ah Sanyo Nicads) for the heavy drive and a little more battery power would allow us to change the gearing and have a faster bot.

4. My Gp Ni-Hm 3.3A are coated in 2 layers of heat shtrink and they dont get warm, even with the over-volting of a 12v gold to 24v.
    Are the RC2400 a different size to the 2600SCUs then, its getting me confused lol, please tell me if it was a stupid question to ask! hehe
    I would expect the 2600SCUs to weigh more than the RC 2400s if they have 200 Ah more.
    Im confused.
    Grant

Yo Grant - im getting thos batteries. I spoke to your brother on MSN about those batteries. Nice packs they are, claim to be better than Sanyo Sub C Ni-Mh packs.

The RC2400 NiCad and 2600CU NiMh and GP3300 NiMH are the same size Sub C cells and weigh the same. There might be about 2 or 3g difference between each cell as it might have a bit more acid or whatever inside it.

Mr Stu

Yer they give out 5Ah more than standard sanyo Ni-Hm cells i beleive.

Oh hmm, okie wel thats kinda funny coz someone confused me there, so then the higher ampaere batts should be best to buy? am i correct in thinking and should weigh in at slightly more due to the extra stuff inside (im not an expert on what makes upo the weight lol)
    Grant

8. Guest
    Yes, if theyre Ni-Cd or Ni-Mh cells.

Register To Comment