Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spinner motors

Most ants that use 12v (12.6v if you want to be accurate, 3 x Lithium polymer cells) are spinners, and as such have a ESC for the weapon motor, this normally has a voltage regulator onboard, which you then use to power your reciever and drive servos. If you want to run more than about 6v in an ant without an ESC, then you simply take 2 lines off the battery, one of which goes directly to whatever it is youre running at the higher voltage, the other of which goes through a 5/6v regulator to the RX and other servos.

4. Guest
    what do most people use to connect there spinner weapons to there motors? I was thinking of just placing the(thin undercutter)blade directly on the motor.Mainly to save space& up the rpms

Most antweight spinners have the disk/blade mounted directly onto the motor output shaft, the only exceptions I can think of are Pixiedust, a FBS that uses a small gearbox to up the torque, Duff (I think) who again has a small gearbox, and Zenith (mine) who uses a 3:1 belt reduction using pulleys and belts from old cd-rom drives.

and DBA(a.k.a. KillSaw) which uses a 1:3 gear reduction

*slaps forehead* How could I forget DBA My apologies, Tim.

Register To Comment