Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IBC - Dual 50amp F/W Speed Controller / FeatherWeights.org

heres an interesting one; Wired alphas IBC in tuesday night and had range problems, i thought this was due to the TX only being 80% charged. Wednesday night i ran it again, fully charged TX and still had the same problems, but thought this time it may be due to RX arial being cut. Last night i gave it another go and wouldnt go more then 5foot away. I alter arial to correct length, still the same. I have; changed the Xtals, ran a different Tx, used a different RX, moved RX posistion, moved wiring, ran Rx off a battery pack rather then BEC, i have changed everything but cannot get it to go more then 5foot away. I then put my electronize back in (with same RC setup as being used on IBC) and it then worked fine and has ran all day today without probs. Any idea why the IBC may be suffering so much?

Okay, just as i thought First off, the IBC is very touchy and the failsafe cuts in as soon as it gets a bad pulse. It is not a problem with the IBC, but a problem with your radio setup, we were initially told this by a SilverTone Radio expert when we first started getting the problems. To fix the problem, use coax from your reciever to your aerial base. Earth the shielding braid to the body through a capacitor(same as you use on your motor, will prevent any back feeding incase your motor wire short through the body), make a base loaded coil and tune it to your robots set up. To make a base loaded coil, the information is on the Paul Hills website.

We had this problem with Annihilation when we shifted it from our HMC servo driven mosfet controllers to the IBC, we couldnt get any signal unless the transmitter aerial was 5-6inch from the robots aerial. So we built a base loaded coil, tuned it to the robot and we now have over 10 meters of range.

The reason the Electronise will work in less tuned setup is because of the lower failsafe system and it will run on bad pulses or signals like a standard servo will, the antweight guys will be familiar with servo jitter

The IBC is a bit of a pain in the backside to get radio setup with it, but when setup right, its brilliant!

Register To Comment