Register To Comment
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA World Championships

Im in with Blazer:

80*210mm ram (producing about 512Kg of force), 2x 1litre buffers, 3/8th high flow valve, 1.1kg of gas (about 52 flips), 2x 400watt wheelchair motors powered by a Vantec RDFR23. The robots basicly done, just needs the new armour sorting (mixture of ali/steel/HDPE). At RAF Cosford it weighed 40Kg with the thin ali armour.

aaahhh when you said about info about flipper right its one i built from parts of others which were cut down, its aprox 55mm x 150mm i have no idea what force it is which is what i assumed you were asking, im using 2 ncc70 controllers taken from my heavyweight and 2 12volt x 7ah batteries basically bits and bobs ive collected over the last year or so from various friends, at the moment im guessing its gonna be right at the limit of middleweight, so i may have to fore-go armour and hope i can flip any really savage cutter or spinner before they get me.

well it looks as though my machine may come home in a bag then :sad: i cant stand spinners far to dangerous, they should stay in the heavyweight class.
    well if alans robots is like mine it could be a pusher as well as a flipper because wheelchair motors are designed for some serious torque, i dont know about yours but mine is rated at 11nm to start with and builds from there, i dont know what its stall torque is ive never tested it.
    anyone else know anymore about their motors?

Very useful information Ed!

yep ed very useful information not.lololololol

bet you felt gutted didnt you in the last televised wars to lose like that to typhoon.

Ere.

http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/rules.htm
    http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/rules.htm

Flames arent allowed. ( )

--
    Fluppet
    Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll...

Register To Comment