Register To Comment
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbyweights anyone?

2. I will be willing to give it a try possibly the forum admin could make a thread on the main page for all new weight classes eg.hobby,light and fleaweights?

4. team_ireland
    i dont like the name hobbyweights sounds iffy.

Mr Stu I only put that name down as thats what the weight class is called in the US I am sure that it could be changed for over here.

Regards
    Ian

6. team_ireland
    Well ants really dont get treated well at most events and it is true that feathers are sometimes a fill in but I dont think you can stop anyone building a machine to a 5kg or 6kg weight limit. It might not be officially recognised but then ants were not officially recognised until series 3 or 4 but they began to be built long before then. I am going to build one regardless (everything is on the workbench and the technobots order for more polycarb is soon to be sent). If i have nobody else to fight well then thats life if I do then great!

Also there are alot of weight classes around antweights but antweights have still not lost many members to otehr simular weight classes. E.g. I currently have a flea and ant and a superant.

This may not become an official class but then just because its not official does not mean people cant or wont build them.

Regards
    Ian

Who said you cant build them. Build a 300kg robot if you like, just there isnt a weight class for it to fight at a live event. Ian just chill a bit for god sake before you hurt ya self. Im sure live events will accomadate for a weight class to have arena time if there are a lot of them. But sadly most events are having to turn into a crowd pleaseing role, even more so now Robot Wars is no longer on Channel 5 of BBC2. To keep the public in the eye, shows have to use big robots. The crowd and JUST be pleased with a load of Feather Weights in the arena at once. Soon as 2 feathers enter the arena in front of a big crowd, it becomes BORING! And thats coming from a kid who was involved with Feathers from day one! No one has said you cant build a 5kg robot, and no one ever will.

Mr Stu

We all knew thats what you meant Geoff, dont worry mate. And im sure Ian and others will try and adopt the FRA rules. Already ian has shown hes going to try and add a power light to his robot.

Mr Stu

Register To Comment