Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal armour

team_ireland
    Chris that robot is built to the american antweight rules so weighs 454g. Metal armour is allowed once its made in pannels and is no thicker than 1mm

Regards
    Ian

6. team_ireland
    yes you can as that would be chassis but you can only use 1mm for armour plus it cannot be welded.

Regards
    Ian

As most of the antweight committee run spinners, there arent many rules governing spinners, only the armour they hit.

Theres nothing like a fair fight eh?

... and Id love to put the little Ti box that is 0.3Faze against all 3 of em

10. As most of the antweight committee run spinners, there arent many rules governing spinners, only the armour they hit.

Theres nothing like a fair fight eh?

the reason we allowed metal was to stop spinners
    Fact

Millitant wont go through 1mm aluminium on the level it will only do damage on an edge
    me and Pete proved it when I built a la Machine style Anto for microbotics
    it was 0.5mm ally and 2mm poly
    Millitant didnt go thou either but when it hit an edge it ripped off the panel.

i think the ants are the least regualted weight catagory and in my opinion the best because i think we allow people to do what they want

the ant rules allow for a good balance and require an understanding of the rules to give a good robot

i personally dont read the rules before build an ant because were very relaxed about safety but we need to be in future

Craig

Register To Comment