Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starter moter

wiper motors are best for featherweights. if your looking at bulding a heavy, then wheelchair motors would be the easiest to get hold of on a scrapyard (we got ours from there). they may also have the control gear as well, which can be easily modified.

Theres a special chapter on that page called http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hil.../Starters.html

[Post removed by admin]

Please be advised that profanity is not acceptable and repeated use will result in the deleting of your user account.

FRA forum admin team

Christian has been helpful in providing a link to one of the best resources for this sort of thing on the web. The fact that you have not read it (you cant have, or youd have the answers to most of your questions) does not give you the excuse to address other people in that manner.

I could provide you with quite a few in depth link describing the relative merits or using wheelchair motors, but you are really not deserving of the time that people have gone to to try and help you.

Suggest we have some moderator attention in this thread before we end up with the second pointless flame war of the week.

I was trying to help you, but the fact that you didnt read the link is quite obvious, it would have answered most of your questions (including that about the solenoid).

But as Im not easily offended, I will still try to answer your questions. You may also want to look at the Reliance motors from Roger Plant. They may not be the best motors in the world, but theyre fairly cheap and have moderate power.

The choice of wheelchair motors is huge. They can produce anything from 300W to about one horsepower. But most importantly, they already have gearing.

The radiator fan motor in most cars will produce something like 400W if theyre run at their recomended voltage (four times that if you double the voltage). Theyre also quite cheap and might be a good choice.

If you decide to go for them, try finding the motors from an old Audi 100 (they weigh about a kilo more, but peak at about 600W instead).

but i did read the link it said 2 difrent things about the seanoid i couldent tell what it was trying to tell me that i moved the shaft or the gear thaks for the help with the wheel cair motor and the radiator fan motors sory about the last post i had a bad day

Register To Comment