Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starter moter

if you limited the curent i could get how low do you think you colld get the curent and still get a reasionabel amout of power and dose the selanoid move the gear on the shaft or the whole shaft

If you would have read the link that I posted above, it would have answered all your questions!

But please, learn how to spell properly. Your posts are really difficult to read.

Current limiting any motor will always reduce the power it can deliver if it hits that limit. It does however conserve batter power and prevent damage to the motor and controller. The problem is most starter motors have very low resistance and when starting act like a short circuit. Without a really good current limit (for PWM controllers it needs cycle-by-cycle limiting for best performace) it will damage the MOSFETS over time. We only use 4.8Ah for our two 800W motors with a 70A limit and we have never run out of power in a 5 minute fight.

There are of course more than one type of start motor. But in general the ones Ive seen are usually alot heavier than other motors for the same power output and require big batteries. James, looking at your other robots if you say it will work then Im sure it will and I look forward to seeing it in action.

i did read the link it told me a lot but it did not ancer the question about the gear sliding on the shaft or the whole shaft sliding and limiting the curent is out of the question im tying to build on a very low budgit so is there any other motors that will work that i can pickup at a scrap yard thaks for the help one of you said wiper motors are good and you can wiper motors at a scrap yard to right thanks for the help

Register To Comment