Register To Comment
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: UK Robotic Games

So who is entering this year?

I am thinking (looking at the feather) of throwing together a quick small entrant for the assault course. Possibly the football if someone wanted to team up.

Well be back this year, upping the amount of entries. The plan so far is to enter our two bots from last year (feather and 3kg sumo bot) but also having two super-antweights, competing in all the categories. Now that the deadline is July, I might rustle up a simple 4wd feather for assault course, sumo, football and possibly tug of war. But Im certainly looking forward to it already.
    Any news on DVDs from last years event? I heard they were planning on being released but havent heard much more for a while now.

Alistair, will talk on MSN

(Message edited by typhoon_driver on March 15, 2006)

Got a 4wd setup running now, still got to finish armouring it up and wire in some parts (mainly removeable link and LEDs). Once I get the hinged wedge and footy guides made for it, should be sorted

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/ayrshirerobotics/Videos/?action=view&current=kaizer_0001wmv.flvhttp://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tion=view&curr ent=kaizer_0001wmv.flv

Just a little vid of running it in the living room - had to cover the rear wheels in sellotape to help it turn on carpet without gobbling up too much current

Sugar, LED!

Looking good though. Looks very controllable.

Where did you find the power rangers theme?

(Message edited by typhoon_driver on June 26, 2006)

Lol Gary, just ducktape a torch on to the top of it, although I seem to remember Paul Cooper saying last year that they werent too strict over power lights as long as the link was fitted so you might be able to get away with it.
    Got the Power Rangers theme from my bandmate (hes got us rehearsing it now ) who found it somewhere but I dont know where.

James, kept the setup simple, four 9.6V drill motors, powered by two 12V 2.3Ah (or 2.1 Ah, whichever ones are charged) SLAs in parallel and controlled by Electronize 30Ampers with external relays. I thought about having a turbo function to boost the voltage up to 18V for short periods giving large spurts of speed but decided not to (Im gonna save it for use in Hurricane ) Theres a piccy on my profile of the setup from last week when I gave it a quick test run.

Got the rugs out of a local shopping centre a couple of years ago, they provide a nice background sometimes for robot pics.

If I rolled the rug up and ran on floorboards, my mum would have come home from work and probably killed me, especially if Id left big scrapes in the wood

Im banned from playing with bots in the house :sad:
    Looking good though Jamie, see you on Saturday!

Mr Stu

Register To Comment