Register To Comment
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *spoilers* Can we stick the review in this thread pl

Well this is my view of what happened:

1st round
    We were in control of the fight, one hit on hard was enough to damage their batteries and they were immobilized. Spartacus took a lot of damage but still had drive to one side. We had by then lost a blade, that had unbalanced the disc causing the robot to vibrate. The vibrations caused a battery lead to snag and wear away its sheath. This grounded with the chassis and caused the robot failsafe. We found that if we slowed the disc, the robot vibrated less. There was then no arcing between the chassis and the robot worked normally. Was a close fight, but we took minimal damage, lucky to go through though.

2nd round
    The fight against crushtacean was a worrying one as we had worries about the batteries failing. When crushtacean drove into us, we smashed their gear box housing and they lost drive to one wheel. We knew we wouldn€™t have much time before the next fight to charge our batteries so we backed away once we knew crushtacean were having problems.

3rd round
    We were not looking forward to this fight, we had no time to recharge our batteries since the crushtacean fight. We also had sheared some bolts on the blades and had around 1hr to get everything ready. My driving in this fight wasn€™t the best, we lost one blade from the disc early on in the fight when we got a good hit on storm. I€™m not sure how we ended up in the arena wall, think it was more down to the large gyroscopic forces of the disc then storm 2. Anyway, storm went to fight with shunt who propped then against the arena wall as well. The Refbot knocked us off the wall, and we in turn knocked storm of the wall to continue the fight. Now that storm was upside down, we could do a lot more damage. What was not shown in the coverage was that, 2 of the 3 titanium panels at the front of storm had been torn away. We had some good hits on storm, eventually immobilizing them. The judges decided the storm had won the fight when we were propped against the wall and so gave the fight to them. The fight was a good one, wish they had showed more of us hitting storm when they were upside down. Think it was a dodgy decision, think the judges owed storm from a certain previous fight€¦
    Suren

Top 3 most controversial judges decisions of all time;

1) Typhoon 2 v Storm 2
    2) Storm 2 v Supernova
    3) T II v The Darke Destroyer

I would put Hypno-Disc vs 101 in that list.

It was right Storm 2 won, absolutely no question about it. They were in control for most of the fight and most of what i saw was supernova being shoved about and doing minimal damage to storm 2, but i couldnt help to notice that the end of storm 2s lifting arm was removed totally after it was upside down.
    However, it was clear that Supernova had lost due to it being immobile on the wall for a good deal longer than 10 seconds. Should have been a KO, but that would have been too easy.

Well donme storm, i hope this makes up the judges decision you undeservedly lost against Typhoon.

However, Storm won this fight because:

1) Supernova were Kod. On the wall for more than 10 seconds not moving equals a lose. Storm were unfairly stacked by shunt and so this doesnt count. You have to be stacked by your opponent (or yourself).

2) Storm 2 owned the fight on control. Supernova were busy doing the vibrating jobbie whilst Storm 2 was darting into their opponent.

3)Storm 2 was more stylish having not killed itself on the wall.

4)Aggression was all storm who took the fight literally to supernova.

5)Storm 2 deserved a decision in their favour after the Typhoon incident.

P.S.

1)Is Hard the most unreliable robot ever? Besides flippa of course.

2)Storm 2 V TAN was an amazing fight.

Register To Comment