Register To Comment
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: *spoilers* Can we stick the review in this thread pl

Domintors axe is innacurate and ineffective (and has been since the 4th war).

Er, explain these then:

RW5

Dominator 2 beats wheely big cheese

RW6

Dominator 2 pumps Hydra full of holes.

RWE2

Dominator punctures the disc of 13 black.

Granted, its not the most powerful axe around, but it is effective and shouldnt be underestimated.

RW5

Dominator 2 beats wheely big cheese

WBC broke down (thats why it won), offering an easy target, and the axe took a lot of hits to penetrate. (and earlier in the competition it had similar trouble getting through King Bs weakly armoured chassis - if that had been the 4th war, King B wouldve been full of holes and smashed internally)

RW6

Dominator 2 pumps Hydra full of holes.

Hydra had weak armour that any axe couldve holed.

RWE2

Dominator punctures the disc of 13 black.

Dont recall that one, but the discs, although thick, are not made of material that stands up to piercing well (I think).

I know armour went up the minute the weight limit did, but the axe also seemed more unstable in its motion than it first did (back in the 4th war it was smooth, accurate, deadly powerful and everyone felt the damage - including the well-armoured 101). And IIRC they did change it after the 4th war to try and make it more powerful - maybe they did a Mortis and made it worse by trying to make it better.

I know it sounds like Im being offensive/disrespectful to everyone (and I apologise for that if I have offended anyone), but it comes from watching the show and noticing the trends in various robots, designs etc. (as well as being a walking encyclo of RW battles) and whether it be down to the axe being less effective and/or armour being more effective, the fact remains that Dominator II cannot deal the damage that it could in the 4th war (it could damage anything back then, now it can only damage weaker shells), and thats why I said it was inaccurate and ineffective.

Hmm. Perhaps I should have qualified this by saying I was wondering about Razer vs Dominator as of about season 5. When Dominator had exposed wheels theyd have been an easy target (as Wild Thing demonstrated).

Dominators axe shouldnt be underestimated, nor should Razers armour be overestimated. Mind you, the armour might flex to absorb the blow better than a lot of designs - but its still not well suited to making the axe glance off, nor it it particularly well shock mounted (without having peered inside in real life, so please add the qualification that Im probably talking nonsense) internally. Getting past the wings might be a problem, but equally the wing supports might get damaged by the axe.

Dominators axe *is* powerful - even though its not in the same league as the heavy axes of Thor or THz (or Beta) which are designed to damage the frame as much as the armour. Bigger Brother has decent armour, and Kat3 (with a Dominator-esque design) penetrated it recently. A small point could damage Razers internals more than some robots, and once hooked on (even to the beak) Dominator has more tyre on the floor than Razer has and would probably win a pulling match.

I was thinking more in terms of defence, though - Razer would not be particularly strong in defence against Dominator, where I genuinely think theres little they could do to the larger bot.

Getting the axe assembly would require a lot of precision (does Razer have the reach?) and its not a weak bit of metal... and I think theyd slide off the shell almost everywhere else. They might be able to grab between the front forks, although Im not sure that theyd do much damage if they did, and theyd be open to hits from the axe and being rammed (the forks being thick titanium). Being underneath doesnt necessarily help.

Grabbing them from behind, lifting the wheels off the ground, and pitting them might work - but it would require a lot of precision. I maintain it would be an interesting fight, and if Razer won it then it would be a great testiment to its drivability and Ians driving skills.

--
    Fluppet

If Pussycats blade can pierce the armour the claw of Razer stands a good chance.

Dont get me wrong - Im not suggesting that Dominator has impenetrable armour, just that the angles of the shell arent suited to being grabbed by a vertical crusher. Dominator would do equally as well against Kat 3 - the axe would slide off rather than dig in (in contrast, Kat 3 has more flat surfaces).

Under crushing Id expect the frame to flex a bit, but Id be a bit surprised, even if Razer got a grip, if it could do anything permanent - it would be pushing on titanium plate end-on. Mind you, Mario makes a good point - the polycarb base of Dominator may well give way under pressure from the scoop.

I dont doubt that Razer could go through the side of Dominator quite easily, as did Pussy Cat (once it got a square hit), but I think it would have trouble getting into a position where the beak could point directly into the armour.

Mario: its true, I only have a cursory knowledge of Dominator (Ive read up on it, seen I think every TV appearance, and seen it at Robot Rumbles, but Ive never peered inside myself). Im not suggesting that Dominator is in Razers league (no offence, guys) in terms of general ability, but all robots are stronger against some designs and weaker against others.

I just feel that Razer is poorly suited to attacking Dominators shape (or, conversely, Dominator is a good shape for fending off vertical crushers). Conversely, I suspect Dominator would struggle badly against horizontal weaponry (Kan Opener, Big Nipper, TaN) where less tall robots (Tornado in wedge configuration, Panic Attack, Biohazard, Widows Revenge...) would do (somewhat) better.

This is one of my more spectacularly off-topic efforts. :-)

--
    Fluppet

TAN would just slide up the sides of dominator.

No, Dominator has never fought a vertical crusher.
    There seems to be a bit of dom-bashing going on now, but Dominator 2 is an impressive robot with a very good combat record, and whilst i dont think it would beat Razer, i think it would stand a better chance than most.

Register To Comment