Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frequencies / ant weights

Attached is a list of frequencies which robots have used in our past events. ( see link below )

To aid the future of all weights, the aim is to make each others lives easier, by using specific frequencies.

If robots can arrive with frequencies as per this sheet, then it will minimise clashes.

Certain frequencies such as 665, 685, and 875, are very common, and it is advised that if you are on this frequency then you either ensure you have spare sets, or move to another frequency.

The four frequencies highlighted in grey, are currently free.
    My proposal is that these 2 or 3 frequencies are allocated to Ant Weights on a permanent basis.
    Roaming robots intend to buy at least one set of each of the set frequencies, and will issue them to the ant weight roboteers at the start of each event for their use, which should allow them to run with their own TX control, throughout an event without problems with clashing with other weights, and then just returned back to TX control at the end of the event.
    Of course they will still be able to book out other frequencies, just that these will be their own.

Please look at the table, and any further information you can supply, ie spare crystals you may have, / if your robot is not on the list then please email them to:- frequencies@roamingrobots.co.uk

So Deadline 1st April for people to give me details of their frequencies. From that there will be a minimum of 2 permanent frequencies allocated to Ant Weights for all Roaming Robots Events.

See the frequency table - http://www.ukinnovations.co.uk/freqtable.htmwww.ukinnovations.co.uk/freqtable.htm

If it works, then it may be something which the FRA might be interested in, we shall see, no harm in trying.

Thanks

Jonno
    http://www.roamingrobots.co.ukwww.roamingrobots.co.uk
    http://www.ukinnovations.co.ukwww.ukinnovations.co.uk

team_ireland
    Thanks jonno thats a good idea. Could I surgest that the frequencies for ants be:

These seem to be the most common frequencies used by anyweights

Regards
    Ian

They also seem to be the most common for all the other weights as well. Remember there are more than just ants and alot of others will have to change just to fit those in.

dont mean to be a pain in the arse Jonno
    but Gianto is a feather I also run Tanto on 765

ok, well im going to update all the information as it comes, and then sit down, and see what would be the best option.

Jonno

definatly on a heavyweight.

seeing as we currently have 2 ants, 2 feathers and a heavy, frequencies can be abit of a pain. In answer to Ed, our robots, in order of ease of change;

Hades -ant
    G3 - feather
    Chroma - ant
    Alpha - feather
    Merlin - Heavy

It shouldnt be based on just ease of change, but surley the type of event, i.e. at most RR shows, heavys should have frequency priority (as thats what people have come to see), we dont want heavys waiting to go in the arena and not being able to get there Tx out because an ant is playing.

Jonno, on our list we have two robots on the same frequency, although this is possible it would cause alot of problems. The frequencies i think we have are;

I think the best option would be to get all robot frequencies a couple of weeks before each event, and assign people there frequencies, like at stus.

Ian, those are common frequencies for most weights, as its usually one of those you get with your RC. Having all the ant frequencies next to each other may not be a good idea, ants are the most effected by interferance (due to the ariels being wrapped up in a ball and stuffed inside the robot). So maybe if the frequencies were spread out.

I agree with Alan, most people have at least one set of spare Xtals so if at least a week before the event Jonno had a list of frequencies then he could advise people of clashes and they could change before the event. This would stop clashes and save time at the event waiting for people to change

team_ireland
    I know their the most common alan but alot of people in antweights start in ants as they are relitively cheep when compaired to heavys and feathers (please ont start the debate over whether an ant or a feather is cheeper again)

Thats why i am surgesting using the low frequencies for ants. Actually for me if this was brought in it would be bad (i dont have 665 or 675 or 685 or 695!).

Its just my surgestion. Also Its not always true to say its easyer to change the crystals on an ant. In some cases its actually impossible without a needle nosed pliers and a soldering iron!

Regards
    Ian

Register To Comment