Register To Comment
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Typhoon

well u see at times stuart typhoon got lonely without mammoth and so it was trying to smash its way out to see mammoth however the production crew and especially derek (typhoon is scared of derek) didnt let typhoon out.

we have a 50kg disc with at least 75% of the weight at the edge, 1m wide and spins at 900 rpm (the current gearing means it can go to 1200rpm but we hadnt balanced the disc well enough). Even so we can deliver around the 40kj mark we reakon.

My ruff maths only puts Typhoon at 25-27KJ
    not far off the maths I worked out for my cage spinner (work robot that never got finished)

no doubt is good i just thought 40kj was a tad high

revolutionroger
    Too high - you mean too low.
    50kg with 75% at diameter, and remainder evenly distributed towards centre generates 49kj (at 900rpm)

Most impressive, and congratulations

Roger.

http://www.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtmlwww.teamcosmos.com/ke/ke.shtml

I got 25.556KJ
    its alot higher if you dont use the right calculation
    if u use 1/2 mass times velocity squared you do get somewhere close to 50KJ
    the site uses the proper calculations

i think storm 2 was totally and utterly robbed. i watched the final in my pub with 8 people and i had a bet with them knowing the result.... at the end of the fight they all voted storm 2. good robot and all that gary but i think you were very lucky to get that result.

i know we were shane but then personnally i think that the fight was very good.

craig we have had our own calculations confirmed by many top engineers and physicists to put the figure at 40kj, the only problem is that you would have to work it out for each individual part and so you would have to get a good rumage around to get an accurate calculation although im slightly bewildered at the interest that people have shown towards T2.

Register To Comment