Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woot a load of spoilers. Reviewed anyway. Yay. Type thing.

Thanks to the combined efforts of both Mentorn and Mr. Reaper, I knew every result of this semi. Thanks a bundle everyone.

Firestorm vs Mute

Well we all knew Mute was probably lucky to even be here... We also knew that self-wronging was going to be a problem, so I suppose this wouldnt have been a surprise anyway. The highlight was definiterly Mute helping Firestorm to propel it out of the arena

Winner: Firestorm

Storm 2 vs Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper was out-manouvered from the word activate and battered around the arena... The almost got Storm 2 on the flipper once but not quite, but overall this was Storm 2s match. Incidentally, Grim Reaper is the only robot in S7 to go to the judges for all its matches.

Winner: Storm 2

Typhoon 2 vs thermidor 2

Charge miss, hit, house robots. That... Pretty much sums the fight up. I wouldnt mind knowing what killed the lobster though.

Winner: Typoon 2

Atomic vs M2

Quite a fast paced battle, this, with Atomic ion top for most of the fight. It may be a high preassure flipper, but it still seems to have a lot of gas. The bit where Atomic was on the side wall would have been tense if I didnt know theyd won the fight, and the only really unexpected bit was M2 flying OOTA but once Atomic had them trapped against the wall it seemed kinda inevitable. Fight of the night.

Winner: Atomic

Storm 2 vs Firestorm

I expected this fight to be closer, but the trouble for people fighting Storm 2 is, youre just recovering from one slam, when it gets under you again... Fighting robots like that are going to breed roboteers with reflexes like greased lighting. Lets face it, itll have to unless everyone wants Storm to win everthing Anyway, again Storm 2 was pretty dominant as although Firestorm got under a few times, Storm just flew off the wedge and they couldnt get hold of it. Good fight anyway.

Winner: Storm 2

Atomic vs Typhoon 2

Atomic finally did what all the other flippers failed to do, and got to Typhoon 2 in time and flipped it! It rolled over again, but it looked like beating the FBS from hell would be a formality for the farmers, but then they went and did a Chaos 2 and flipped themselves, and then it pretty much looked like a pipe had burst, rendering Atomic immobile. Then Typhoon went and hit it a couple of times anyway, floor flipper, pit.

Winner: Typhoon 2

was not need to attack atomic once they turned themselves over, after a few seconds it was clear theyd killed themselves.
    Storm looked impressive as always and didnt look beatable even the mighty firestorm looked wimpish against it
    its a great final coming up

jamieb
    If Typhoon hadnt have Attacked Atomic then the house robots would have totally mashed up Atomic, they have do to something to keep the battle long enough for tv

Wow, fascinating stuff, but not a patch on Semi 1 for me. Heres my view of the fights:

Round 1

Mute V Firestorm (2)

Just as i predicted, Firestorm easily getting in underneath the tiny ground clearance of Mute and from then on it was all over. Preety obvious stuff, thanks in no small part to last weeks spoilers, but still good to see the self-righting ability of Mute being put to (bad) use. Correct the angle by 90 degrees and they could have won this fight, but at least the didnt flip themselves out.

Thermidor 2 (14) V Typhoon 2

I predicted this as well, one hit and all over. No real destruction, but one great hit took out the lobster to make sure it was broiled. Then the House robots came in to do what was probably the only part they had to play in both Semis combined.

Storm 2 (16) V The Grimreaper

I didnt expect the Reaper to last nearly this long, so full credit to them, they done really well against a superb robot. They couldnt get even a single flip in on Storm 2 which was utilizing the side panels to very good use. Although it was total domination from Storm 2, the Reaper hung on to a Judges, which was coincidentally the only decision in this semi and only the second in the entire semi final rounds. The fights seem to be one sided.

Atomic V M2

Battle of the flippers pressures high and low. Good stuff, the only battle in this semi that wasnt one sided. I thought M2 had them out at one point, but i knew thanks to last weeks sloppy editing that this would never happen. Didnt expect M2 to go flying out, in fact i thought theyd win outright. Has to be the fight of choice in this semi.

Qualified: Firestorm, Typhoon 2, Storm 2, Atomic.

Round 2

Firestorm (2) V Storm 2

Good stuff, i thought Storm would win, and lo and behold, they did. Basically a repeat of last series tornado/firestorm match up, Firestorm got under Storm 2 a few times early on, and after that got pushed around everywhere. Interesting but short.

Typhoon 2 V Atomic

I thought Typhoon would win by ripping Atomics flipper/blade style wedge off. Although there was no damage quite that extreme, there were some BIG gashes on Atomic by the end.
    Very gentlemanly of team typhoon to hold back after Atomic was obviously knocked out, though it was confusing exaclty what happened to Atomic. They reminded me of a very large beetle stuck on their back, they seemed to get locked there and then it was all over after one nearly flip. The noise that typhoon made was pretty tremendous, i liked that!

Qualified: Storm 2, Tyhoon 2.

So, overall there were some very good fights, most notably M2 V Atomic, and the standard of robot was special. Perahps the two that got through here were even better than those last week. My only complaint was that the fights were not overall quite as entertaining as those of Semi 1.
    But still, a very good show!!

Well ed, with a ground clearance that low, its hardly surprising. Harking back to the days of battlebots and biohazard methinks.

Oh yeah, very good performance

I thought I read something in the rules about not being allowed to change your robot for defensive purposes. ie only interchangeable weapons. Are the skirts weapons . Doesnt really matter, Storm II was allowed in & their decision is final.

Register To Comment