Register To Comment

Thread: Antweight Pneumatics

team_ireland
    Hello

This thread is about antweight pneumatics. Currently in the Antwight rules it allows a maximum working pressure of 7bar. I am proposing a lifting of this ban and moving it to 69bar (equal to the fra rules). However people in the antweight community would like some advise from the people with the know how i.e. Mario, Alan Wood, Paul Cooper etc.

I am not infavour of Full Pressure Antweights however I am infavour of antweights running from co2 via a regulator.

What do you guys think?

Regards
    Ian Mc Donald

Could you get all the bits in the ant and keep it in the weight limit and size

team_ireland
    Yes you can. Somewhere (i am not quite sure where) i saw a 30g co2 regulator. It takes the pressure down to 1-10bar (not adjustable but you can by 1 bar 2 bar etc.) Considering to make an antweight move you only really need about 20g i think fitting in a 30g reg would not be hard.

Chris Cummins found some Co2 capsuals for Sodastream that were disposible and lightweight and cheep. (Roughly 5quid for 10). These would be perfect. If the pressure was regulated down to about 5bar then a lego valve can be used. And if a lego valve is used then so can a lego ram.

The whole set up would probably weigh no more than 70-100g leaving plenty of weight to make the robot move.

Regards
    Ian Mc Donald

team_ireland
    Thats my concern aswell Alan. I am confident i can build it safely as I will ask for help from yourself, paul and mario but not everyone knows what they can and cant do so I am not sure if its safe for everyone.

Regards
    Ian

Register To Comment