Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Compressor Saftey

If not Im in trouble. We took the hose off completely and a standard 6mm 10bar pipe fit over it. All we then did is fit a home made clamp (tried a jubille clip but didnt have one the right size).

The problem we had was when the compressor ran hot the pipe burst so we turned it down to 8 bar.

I dont see any probs with it and are planning to take it to preston where Ill find out if anything needs changing.

I myself left the Pipe and valve on the compressor and a had a special pneumatic push fit on the end and used the lever from the valve as my Dump valve. This worked extremely well and I never once had a problem in Turbine 3.

An alternative method would be to get some 6mm id nylon tube and get it crimped onto the output of the compressor; this is what Tkm2 do with success; however the tool to do the job is rather pricey just for doing a one off job.

Ill bring some of the brass push fits along to FWS if you are going ask me and ill give you 1. Also I would recommend you get a pressure switch from technobots so when your compressor reaches the maximum pressure of 10bar it will fire a relay to switch of the compressor. Best of luck.

Regards
    Dave moulds
    Team Turbine/PLF

Register To Comment