Register To Comment

Thread: The Bosch 750 watt motors

Hi,

Im new to this forum, me and few freinds are thinking of building a heavyweight to go on robotwars, I can build all the motorcontrollers fairly easily as im fairly clued up where electronics is concerned, and the bot has been designed in 3d udsing Truespace.

Trouble is what uses the bosch 750 watt motor that so many people use? Im on about the GPA 750 or am i going to have to buy some motors from a component wholesaler?

Originally starter motors where thought a possibilty but they can draw serious current under load, and are only about 50% efficient. I was thinkling of using a Lucas SM 76 PE s(or something similar) starter,at 800W

Thanks ofr any info in advance :-)

You can buy the GPA 750 from http://www.technobots.co.ukwww.technobots.co.uk.

Dont bother with starter motors if you can avoid them, theyre very heavy for their power output as well as being inefficient.

Thanks!

Ill let you all know how we get on :-D...

quote:

I can build all the motorcontrollers fairly easily as im fairly clued up where electronics is concerned

Loads of people are, but building a proper speed controller that can take the abuse of the arena is a totally different ballgame.

Register To Comment